• razgriz417
    Guest replied
    Re: I Have Trouble Starting BF2 from Desktop

where did u dl the DVD driver update, please help

Leave a comment:

• traveler
    Guest replied

Well that was short-lived. My BF2 is still doing it. When I uninstall should I do a full uninstall which would include profiles etc..?

Leave a comment:

• MPower06
    Guest replied

You guys, I found the problem. It was my DVD drive's driver, it has been updated. I could start it now using the icon.
    Btw,
    , it takes up to 10 times sometimes till it showes up, even if it showes up it still wont start all the time, i have to close it through task menager and try again, sometimes it starts right away
    I feel ur pain man. Thats why, when I finally started I fight like hell........
    Anyway, thanks guys....

Leave a comment:

• Trevortt
    Guest replied

Or you could search to the link on your menu bar and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• traveler
    Guest replied

I think I found the problem. Do a search for bf2.exe on your computer. when I did bf2.exe.exe showed up. I made the file bf2.exe and saved it. When I clicked on the shortcut again it started up fine. I don't know how that happned or why the exe was put in there twice. Hopefully this will help you.

Leave a comment:

• predragjanjic
    replied

I have the same proble, I double click the icon but the big BF2 screen doesnt show up, it takes up to 10 times sometimes till it showes up, even if it showes up it still wont start all the time, i have to close it through task menager and try again, sometimes it starts right away, will try the thing above

Leave a comment:

• hexseeker
    Guest replied

Try this

Delete the shortcut from your desktop. Go to battlefield 2 folder. It should be in c drive/program files/eagames/bf2. When you find exe file (with little bf2 icon) right click on it and choose option "create shortcut". After you got shortcut right click on it and choose option "cut". Return to desktop and press right click and "paste" new shortcut on your desktop. It should work.

Maybe after instalation you did something so the desktop shortcut can not find the path to bf2 folder. Doing what i have described you are creating reall path to your bf2 folder.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• MPower06
    Guest started a topic I Have Trouble Starting BF2 from Desktop

I Have Trouble Starting BF2 from Desktop

Hi guys, please somebody help. My Bf2 does not start from the desktop icon. Everytime, I have to open and close my CD drive with BF2 install disk in it several times be4 itd start.
    If I dont it just stop at BF2 logo screen DEAD. I try everything reinstall, full patch still the sam problem.
    Btw, I use the Dell XPS M170 laptop with 2 Ghz Pen M, 2Gbs of DDR4200, 6800 Ultra Go.
    Thanks.
Working...
X