Player appearance Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player appearance Q?

When playing on-line do all of those that choose "assault" for the US Marine Corp look the same (afro-caribean) or can you choose your appearance the US Marine assault trooper (for example; oriental)? If so, how?

Re: Player appearance Q?

u cant

Comment

What you see in BFHQ is what everyone sees when you or anyone else play that kit.

Comment

i guess i'm black when i play! (very white in person, i should get out more....)

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
          What you see in BFHQ is what everyone sees when you or anyone else play that kit.
          Yes, unless you pick assault on the map screen and pick up a medic kit. You will stay Afro-Caribbean but have all the equipment a medic usually has.

Comment

Its kinda racist how all the kits that require some knowledge of medicine or explosives are played by only white guys.

I'm not racist but if this offends anyone tell me and ill delete it.

White
            Spec ops= knowledge of explosives
            Sniper= knowledge of stealth and requires traning
            Medic= knowledge of parts of the body and how to heal them.
            Engineer= knowledge of Jets and tanks as well as enemy vehicles

Black
            Assualt= Aim gun at enemy
            Support= aim gun at enemy and throw out ammo bags
            Anti-Tank= shoot at enemy tank or infantry

Comment

Takes the 'blacks' do do heavy work

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                Its kinda racist how all the kits that require some knowledge of medicine or explosives are played by only white guys.

I'm not racist but if this offends anyone tell me and ill delete it.

White
                Spec ops= knowledge of explosives
                Sniper= knowledge of stealth and requires traning
                Medic= knowledge of parts of the body and how to heal them.
                Engineer= knowledge of Jets and tanks as well as enemy vehicles

Black
                Assualt= Aim gun at enemy
                Support= aim gun at enemy and throw out ammo bags
                Anti-Tank= shoot at enemy tank or infantry

I know what you mean, but the way you imply it sounds a tad racist.:|:

Comment

or...
                  White
                  Sniper - Stays as far away from a gunfight as possible
                  Spec-Ops - Wanna be Rambo, thinks hes' leet
                  Medic - Could afford medical school

Black
                  Assault - Grunt, always in the battle
                  Support - His is the biggest
                  Anti Tank - Tough, takes on a tank!

just kidding! If your a "black" kit do you turn white when you get in a plane/heli?

Comment

It's funny to read these threas and see how people will get themselves in a twist about seeming to be racist, or not PC enough, or not closely enough in alignment with whatever the TV tells them to think/act/believe.

You know guys, it still is acceptable to disagree with others. And it still is legal to have an opinion that might run contrary to what the people on CNN might agree with.

It might not be smart, or enlightened, or particularly clever, but it is still legal, at least here in the USA, to be a racist or a bigot or ignorant or simply unpopular in one's beliefs.

It's called freedom of speech: don't be so afraid of stepping on someone's toes that you prevent yourself from experiencing it.

That was a long way of introducing my opinion:

DICE didn't put a lot of thought into the character models.

That being said, every Spec Ops guy I've ever known was white, and so was every F16 pilot except for 2 black guys, and I've known over 300 F16 pilots. That's just the way it is, those choices are above my pay grade.

And about 99% of the NBA is black. Again, not my choice to make. But it's reality, and infer from it what you will.

But worrying about race in a game is silly. Let's just worry about killing each other. For once, just leave the political correctness at the door.

My bottom line? Everyone bleeds the same color.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                      It's funny to read these threas and see how people will get themselves in a twist about seeming to be racist, or not PC enough, or not closely enough in alignment with whatever the TV tells them to think/act/believe.

You know guys, it still is acceptable to disagree with others. And it still is legal to have an opinion that might run contrary to what the people on CNN might agree with.

It might not be smart, or enlightened, or particularly clever, but it is still legal, at least here in the USA, to be a racist or a bigot or ignorant or simply unpopular in one's beliefs.

It's called freedom of speech: don't be so afraid of stepping on someone's toes that you prevent yourself from experiencing it.

That was a long way of introducing my opinion:

DICE didn't put a lot of thought into the character models.

That being said, every Spec Ops guy I've ever known was white, and so was every F16 pilot except for 2 black guys, and I've known over 300 F16 pilots. That's just the way it is, those choices are above my pay grade.

And about 99% of the NBA is black. Again, not my choice to make. But it's reality, and infer from it what you will.

But worrying about race in a game is silly. Let's just worry about killing each other. For once, just leave the political correctness at the door.

My bottom line? Everyone bleeds the same color.
                      Not 99% of the nba is black more like 65-70%. And i dont want to get banned. Total BF2 is not the government there fore they can deny freedom of speech on ther website if it might offend anyone. But in real life i do try to be PC Unless im with only white people who dont get offended but I do not know what race people on this website are therefore I try to make it not sound offensive.

Comment

DICE shouldnt have including white and black people...they should all been green.

Comment

here's a crazy thought...

what does it matter what colour your player is? seeing that nobody online would know what colour/creed you REALLY are, what's the point of saying ooooh these ppl are white, these kits are black?

what about - DICE made two bases to create kits from, one with armour the other without. and then built the kits from there..

whichever point any person tries to make about this can be countered with ease:

examples:

The black assaulter is sent to die first/The black assaulter is the most battle-hardened.

The white Spec Ops guy is given more skills (eg, C4)/The white Spec Ops guy hides from the enemy and isn't strong enough to carry body armour..

i mean seriously, no matter what colour the person is, does it matter? All the MEC are arabic, and all the PLC are chinese - does that mean that they argue the same way?

of course not. america is a blended nation, get the f**k over yourselves.

Comment

SOme PLA are bald (or all of them) MEc has the moustache... and not to mention, some PLA are tanned...lol

Comment

How about this? EVERY single person in the game other than yourself is SHORTER than you! Hows that for a thought?

Im king of the world!!!! (gets strafed by J10)

Comment

Working...
                              X