Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joystick

Throttles are not a must in my opinion. I use the WASD keys for throttle and rudder and I fly just fine.

3-4 buttons is ok, but I don't agree with 5tigma's recommendation. Use them for guns, missiles, and the other 2+ for view changes. You can use left shift for afterburner since it's right where your left hand will be. Weapon switch can also stay at the keyboard buttons 1 and 2 since your hand is in that area.

Comment

I use the Cyborg Evo Wireless as well this joystick rocks ! But I must admit to flying Helo with a mouse and keyboard. I use the Joystick throttle control to help with the hovering as I can set throttle to around 25%-30% to help with this.

However as a few people have mentioned before,just see what works for you !

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
        I bought a Logitech 3D Pro. Good value for money and it has been abused quite heavily for 5 months.

Hmm when you speak of abuse and a joystick it sounds bad. :hmm:

I loved mine as well but after 8 months then it was stuck on left rudder..LOL, so I go buy a new one and it wont turn left. Not one 3D pro is left in Chicagoland and I am waiting for one to be shipped in from another store in another state...LOL

This is a good all around joystick for the money tough:rock:

Comment

After a year my Log. 3D pro pulls a little to the left when my hand isnt on it...tho when my hand is on it I jerk and twist the sucker so much it makes sense while it got a little screwy, plus it flys stright as an arrow whe nmy hand is on it, so meh no worries.
          Heres my honest opinion...
          Joystick users will dominate Mouse users..unless the JS user is hard core noobish.
          If you plan on flying occasionaly and to not fly when you see air gods (colony, Metalica, Plane whore) then pick up a cheap Logitech. If you plan on being an air god..skills > JS type. You could own the mother of all JS and still suck if you dont have the time, skills, no how etc..

With a 30 dollar JS you can dominate the skys when the competition is on par or sub par with you.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
            You can use mouse keyboard and joystick without having to reset things. The control setup allows you to add joystick controls to a secondary position so that you can use mouse or joystick while flying.

Some of the better chopper pilots I have seen work great with mouse and keyboard, and there is another large group that says joysticks are the only way to go.

I don't believe in going cheap on joysticks as I have broked $300 worth of $10 joysticks. My last one was my best decision. The X-45 Saitek.
            Very Good Choice......................

Comment

I have Logitek thing, it works alright, has 6 buttons, so i have missles, cannon, view change, flares and afterburners programmed.

Comment

Well I don't know about the logitech 3d but I've had the Logitech Wingman for years and I've not had any problem. I really don't see how a person using the keyboard and mouse can fly as good as someone using a joystick.

Comment

I have a Logitech Attack Three. Great joystick imo.

Comment

Don't do tha joystick thing thing. But I suppose if you must, mulitple USb ports are ideal.

Originally posted by =IAM=2BAD4U
                    Well I don't know about the logitech 3d but I've had the Logitech Wingman for years and I've not had any problem. I really don't see how a person using the keyboard and mouse can fly as good as someone using a joystick.
                    hehe, if you only knew fella

Comment

To all the people with the 3dpro joystick that pulls to the left: do a search on this forum for dxtweak2. I had the same problem with my 3dpro pulling to the left and if you use dxtweak2 to calibrate you joystick manually I almost guarantee it will fly straight. Just read the readme they provide and it explains how to do it. It takes all of 30 seconds to calibrate and it will be spot on.

Comment

Yeah get a logitech 3d pro if you can they work well. Can you tv with a joystick?

Comment

IMO the logitech 3D pros are POS. I've gone through 2 in a year, with both of them losing complete rudder control on the right side...do a google on them it's a common problem.

So recently replace the logitech POS with a Saitek Cyborg Evo...couldn't be happier. And the programming software that comes with it allows you to do some niffy marcos.

Saitek Cyborg Evo...FTW

Comment

Okay, my opinion is that if you are flying jets a decent amount a joystick is more fun, but isn't really neccesary. The helicopters on the other hand are much, much easier to fly if you have a joystick with a throttle since they respond well to being able to rapidly change the amount of thrust.

I have used logitechs in the past...cheap joysticks but they can take a decent amount of abuse. Currently I'm using a MS Force Feedback sidewinder (first gen) that I got from work and I love it. The force feedback joysticks are more expensive but since they use gears and motors they stay calibrated all the time and don't become less sensitive over time.

Comment

Logitech are well known to have soft sensor bushings, and they wear out very quick. I had to quit flying all together because I packed my 3D in a box and something pushed on it a little on the box. It now is jacked.

I have had to retrain myself to fly a helo with the KB only...I'll get a different JS some time. I really with MS had not stop making Joysticks, they were the best in the gaming world.

Comment

Working...
                              X