X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WolfAlmighty
    replied
    Re: Question about 1.4...

Driving a car like that in the UK gets you girls.
    Driving a car like that here gets your *** kicked.
    But if you can get away with it, go for it. I live near Seattle too, Kev, although I'm not really much into car modding and I've certainly never seen anything like B17AD's car being driven. Seen a lot of ricers, of course, but nothing nearly as...well...'expressive' as that particular ride. There's this guy at a company across the parking lot from where I work who drives a riced-out POS Integra, and aside from him riding the clutch like a mother every time he starts off, it sounds like the car's about to fall apart every time he starts it up. One of these days I expect to see the fuel tank sitting in the parking lot with the car itself about 100 metres away.

Anyway, if you CBA to reinstall the game right now, I wouldn't blame you. I'd wait for 1.4 full, whenever that may be, because even with a fresh install 1.3 is unstable as anything.

~Wolfgang

Leave a comment:

• jimmy_396_jimmy
    Guest replied

u got any turbo lag?

Leave a comment:

• B17AD K
    Guest replied

I looked into getting nitrous, just to play with on a strip.

But, at that point I hadnt uprated the internals and I didnt want a "little" bit, I wanted a lot. So now the internals are uprated it may come in the future...the engine should be able to take a fair bit of the stuff.

And Kev, cheers for the compliments! And a chav is a young lad/lass, who dresses in tracksuit bottoms, rockport shoes and has a baseball cap pointing at funny angles. They hang around shops drinking, and usually destroy stuff. Complete tits.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy_396_jimmy
    Guest replied

Originally posted by B17AD K
    Lol, it's a showcar. It was designed for shows and being on stands....

And yeah it's pink, but it's cool.

I know the big lass, it's the big lads sister. My gf at the time was in the green top, and she's a model, so nerr!!

Big Red Cube - I live in Lancashire mate, but I owned a flat in South Shields. Was there for 3 years when I was working, but the last 3 months I was living in Town End Farm, which is Sunderland. Just at the bottom of Bouldon Bank....

Jimmy - Not misleading you mate, they are both mine. I've owned the Fiesta for around 4 years now, bought it as a 1.1 in red when I wrote my 205 GTi off, and it took me 2 years to convert it to a full rs turbo in purple...

And I've only owned the MR2 about a year. Fancied a change and a toy....

300bhp is all its at for the moment, my new turbo is 2.5k, and I just don't have that at the moment. That should take it to around 450bhp, as all the engine internals have been uprated. It's not staying pink though, it's going Black soon, when I have some cash!

But despite the fact it's pink, it weighs 500kg less than a Scooby, and puts out more power. So, it's pretty **** hot :P

Anyway, if you don't like it thats fine, it's not too everyones tastes....but then again a lot of people like it. But you shouldn't judge it just because of the colour....the paint job was 2k, it flips between pink and light blue.

Anyway, flame away :P

Oh, and both cars are for sale...frst and mr2t. Anyone want lol?
    i'm glad ur making it black! and no nitrous!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• imported_Donkey
    Guest replied

Originally posted by troybob
    Um - look at the chick in the picture - i hope thats not the only type that you can pick up

sorry if it's your cousin or something - but i couldn't resist.
    Haha:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Kevj2020
    Guest replied

Whoa! What a turn of the thread lol! B17AD K - I like your MR2, it's definitely different & that's what car modding is all about. I really haven't done a lot to my xb yet, some wheels, foglights, & spoiler, but there are a lot of things I'd LIKE to do. And just for clarification, I'm 31 & married (no, my wife doesn't necessarily like the attention the car gets for me, but I only TALK about the car with them anyway). One more thing...I live near Seattle, Washington, so I have NO idea what a "chav" is man, lol!

Leave a comment:

• B17AD K
    Guest replied

I'm going black in the future, but it wouldnt have stood out as a showcar if it was a normal colour. It had to be different.

Leave a comment:

• TAoSoFKos
    Guest replied

nice car, but paint it white... or black...

Leave a comment:

• B17AD K
    Guest replied

I don't do duct tape!!

And like I said, if I want to tool about, I take it on the track for drift races etc...

I don't agree with speeding in residential areas, but it's been on a fair few private drag strips (we have an abandoned airfield not far away), so we go on there and play.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    Guest replied

As long as you arent one of the azzhole punk riceboys that gets people killed by streetracing the wrong way down a divided road and then doesnt understand why he's going to jail I have no problem with it.

Part of living is learning to be able to accept other people for who they are. Id be more apt to put a 15,000 dollar stereo system in a car and go to a USAC or IASCA show - but I bet you probably have just as much fun as I would with your car.

It just galls me when people think they have the right to infringe on others rights. Heres hoping youre one of the ones who does shows and goes to open racetracks if you race - and not one of the 17 individuals in the last 3 years in the topeka area that has cost someone else thier life.

Sorry for the community messege. Be safe. Live to enjoy your hobby. Car looks good man. Thanks for not having any visible duct tape!

Leave a comment:

• lamah
    Guest replied

ya do clean install

i got a working 1.3, but it crashes periodically........i've just learned to accept it (and pledged to never buy another battlefield game). anyway, if the crashes continues with 1.4, i plan on reinstalling

Leave a comment:

• B17AD K
    Guest replied

I spend the money because i enjoy the car...I enjoyed it being on shows and the attention it gets, and also having a fast rwd car is an experiance, and great fun to drive.

It's been on various drift days, so to be honest I would say I'm a canny driver....

And ive done the restoring classics thing, me and my bro restored a Morris Minor, and I gave it him as a 17th Bday present...Pitty he crashed it before I could stick a Rover V8 in lol.

Edit - Cheers Smokejumper!

Leave a comment:

• CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
    Guest replied

Putting money into one of those cars is a persons way of expression. I think it was well done and good for you for being artistic which is exactly what this is.

Leave a comment:

• KristianSax
    Guest replied

Of course girls love the pink one ... its so girlie ... though I wouldn't want to be caught dead in one of those.

Anyway I don't get this money wasting and tuning those poor cars. Though I would understand spending money to restore a classic to its original glamour.
    At least here most ppl dispise such tuners since their driving skills and manners are very poor and arrogant.

This 1.4-waiting is driving almost all related posts off topic

Leave a comment:

• B17AD K
    Guest replied

Dude, one thing it's not is Chav....:S

And if you knew me, I'm definately not chav. I think the term for what i am nowadays is "alternative". Chavs dont usually go for tunnels and lip rings :S

How many chavs do you know that have cars like that? None. It's not a corsa with stupidly big wheels...or a stupidly loud exhaust...

Im not arsed if people dont like it, but calling it chav is plain stupid, it shows you have no idea. A Chav drives his car through Halfrauds and it comes out with neon lights plastered too it etc.

The car has cost 15k to build, and i dont know many chavs who spend that on a car for good workmanship.

And sorry for the people looking at it, it was a jap car meet, so I dont know many of the people in the pics, just a few.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X