• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holle
    Guest replied
    Re: MEC vs PLA Revolution site up

Originally posted by TP.BigBoss
    ROFL nice to see some british faces around here, it was a 5 on 1 american bashing last night , but beyond that, i'll admit the web site is very poor at the moment ive had about 1 day to get it up and running and to put all the stuff i know on it, aswell as creating the mod, aswell as my real life responsibilities, so please bare with me on the site i will make it better give me time, im only human.

um the revolution part, just thought it sounded better than just MEC vs PLA

Hey....I stuck up for you.....And I don't even like the English...silver spoon tea sipping U of Ox twits.....

Now where did I park my H2 with the bumper sticker "kick there *** and take there gas"?

Leave a comment:

• Gav
    Guest replied

Correction: at the end, you would (hypothetically) be playing a mod made by a non-American, and who, thanks to the fine tradition of free speech we have in the Western world (including the USA, last time I checked), may write the storyline for his own piece of work however he wishes, however inflammatory it may be...

As the man says, if you don't like the mod or the storyline or whatever, you don't have to play it. I'm sure there are many Chinese and people of Middle-Eastern origin who might not like the fact that BF2 is designed to be about the US fighting against them, but they can't change the storyline either...

Leave a comment:

• sonny
    Guest replied

Ive had enough of the american belief system, i'd be very weary of bieng an allie to america because of your great field record of blowing your own troops up. then you make your allies look bad, you go make a massacre and the british get blamed for your mistakes. All balls no Brains. The storyline is how i want to make it and it wont be changed.
    Im not a fan of the USA but i dont judge anyone untill they proove themselves worthy of bieng judged. so any americans offended by the Storyline dont download the Mod simple.

at the end. you are playing a game made by an american company.

Leave a comment:

• Gav
    Guest replied

You can see our faces...? *looks warily around for the webcam*

Are you watching me on a UAV? Because I'm a sniper and I'm sitting still (and indoors!) so you shouldn't be able to see me!!!

Leave a comment:

• TP.BigBoss
    Guest replied

ROFL nice to see some british faces around here, it was a 5 on 1 american bashing last night , but beyond that, i'll admit the web site is very poor at the moment ive had about 1 day to get it up and running and to put all the stuff i know on it, aswell as creating the mod, aswell as my real life responsibilities, so please bare with me on the site i will make it better give me time, im only human.

um the revolution part, just thought it sounded better than just MEC vs PLA

Leave a comment:

• imported_E1_Pr3sidente
    Guest replied

Ah jolly good show!

Should we be looking forward to seeing you at the boat races this year old chap? Pimms on the river bank and a spot of polo in the afternoon, what what?

Spiffing!

Leave a comment:

• Gav
    Guest replied

Originally posted by E1_Pr3sidente
    being an english man i often find myself cringing at the stereotypes of english people portraid in the American media. It implies that we were all born with a silver spoon in our mouth, went to University in Oxford and still speak like we are in a cheap period drama
    Eton and Cambridge, actually, old chap... Loao (that's "larffing one's arse awf", btw)

Leave a comment:

• imported_E1_Pr3sidente
    Guest replied

Just to chip in on this whole thing, i have read through the whole thread and it all seems childish to be honest, why have you taken such offence to a single line of text in a ficticious storyline for an online computer game modification?

Does it really offend your sensibilities that much that you need to start a flame war with someone for trying to produce a mod that i have seen mentioned or requested pretty much since i started reading these forums! Everyone wants to try MEC Vs PLA, what does it matter how someone phrases the fact that the US aren't in it? Sure it isn't the best way to say it, but it's just a fictional story!

Yes, the OP over reacted to some comments but they were simply over the top and downright agressive towards him in the first place.

Now lets all sit down, count to ten and maybe actually look forward to what could turn out to be a fun little change from the normal BF2, even if you can't stand the thought of someone being overly critical of your country!

P.S. On a side note, you have all got very defensive about the 'defeated by greed' statement but being an english man i often find myself cringing at the stereotypes of english people portraid in the American media. It implies that we were all born with a silver spoon in our mouth, went to University in Oxford and still speak like we are in a cheap period drama but don't see me flaming ABC or Fox Network for that! (i actually find it quite amuzing!)

Moral of the story, don't take yourself too seriously!

Leave a comment:

• Gav
    Guest replied

IMO, PLA v MEC maps were conspicuous by their absence in vanilla BF2. I think a mod that pits them against each other would be good - or at least has the potential to be.

I'm not going to judge the quality of a mod by how fancy the website looks (making mods and making websites look pretty are two different skills and don't necessarily overlap), nor am I going to judge the quality of the mod by the plausibility (or infamy) of the storyline. Personally I have no problem with America "losing" or not being part of the mod, or with any statement about "greed", but I do think the storyline needs a bit of fleshing out. Not changing, to appease those who've objected here, but rather elaborating. It seems reasonable enough to me, but a little... thin and flimsy as it stands. Expand it and beef it up a little. Although ffs watch what you say about the US - we don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities, however reasonable or otherwise their offence may be.

Leave a comment:

• baggygreen
    Guest replied

strewth fellas... ohes noes someone said something bad about america, nuke them!! face it fellas, thanks to everyone having a different opinion, not everyone thinks america is gods gift to the planet! Honestly, its a game..... people can say what they want, thats guaranteed in your own constitution along with declaration of human rights, etc......

to the OP, it sounds nice, but why is it called revolution?? normally thats a group of people revolting against the established power base, not 2 nations who were 'allies' going to war with each other..

Leave a comment:

• TP.BigBoss
    Guest replied

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
    I didn't care about your first post, and I don't care about your mod, but your responses earlier in this thread (particularly the one I quoted in my first reply) are positively asinine.

If someone comes in here posturing with ignorant bullsh1t, I am going to call them on it. Your politics - especially your apparently clueless understanding of people in other countries - have no place here.
    look i have not been ignorant in anyway shape or form, i never wanted to start a politics debate, all i want to do is make a mod. Nuke everything thats been said here because its just gone to far and its bordering on pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• MantaMan
    Guest replied

Come on people, I never stated in my first post I wouldn't download it because it doesn't have the US in it. I actually love the mod idea.

Leave a comment:

• vbl
    Guest replied

Feck me if you dont give a crap why post, you people are a waste of time.
    ||bfa||variable , Activematx go play somewhere else no one cares around here!
    I didn't care about your first post, and I don't care about your mod, but your responses earlier in this thread (particularly the one I quoted in my first reply) are positively asinine.

If someone comes in here posturing with ignorant bullsh1t, I am going to call them on it. Your politics - especially your apparently clueless understanding of people in other countries - have no place here.

Leave a comment:

• VC_Resurrected
    Guest replied

Originally posted by MantaMan
    I'm not going to go as far as saying I won't download it because the US isn't in it. However, I hate the part in the storyline that says the US was greedy. Maybe it could've been "The US, choked by the lack of oil and argicultural resources, has been tamed" or something like that. Y'know, since China attacked Alaska and the MEC invaded the mainland.
    Dude, you're welcome as anyone to make your own mod, but there is little point trying to change other peoples mods to suit yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mekstizzle
    Guest replied

I tell you it's Built In Patriotism™

They automatically hate the mod due to the fact that they've read people's opinions on how it doesn't feature the US and how they "as americans" shouldn't like that.

Give it a rest guys you're acting like, dare i say it, oppressed North Koreans!

Just......leave it for once. For **** sakes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X