X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dearmad
    Guest replied
    Re: "Cherry busted hyman I do it to ya..." LOL

Yeah the anal moosehead one is funny too. I forgot about that one. Can't blame a dying person for what their last words are...

Leave a comment:

• Mr.White
    Guest replied

I love the "anal moosehead" one from a dying MEC soldier, makes no sense but that's all I hear

Leave a comment:

• [FV]Ireland
    Guest replied

Lol... some of the voice overs are weird.

Leave a comment:

• Dearmad
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SGT_STD
    Yes we do. It's how you greet someone: "Hi man!" Or is it it what you lost on your forteenth birthday?
    Well of COURSE Sgt_*STD* ought to know! Sheesh... my faith in humanity would utterly end if this were not the case. :laugh:

And judging by the Arabic she says written out using English letters, I can now see why I thought she said this. Of course I knoew it was in Arabic, but my mind can't help but try to process what it hears and make it fit with my primary language.

Leave a comment:

• Orion126
    Guest replied

There was a thread a while back ago where someone who spoke arabic translated a lot of the stuff they said and he did mention that a lot of the stuff was incorrect...

Leave a comment:

• step2ice
    Guest replied

Originally posted by CATIA

that one is correct.
    I just wondered because it's a very long voice-command for "Enemy APC spotted".

I thought that in the MEC voice command the word APC gets described because there is no such perception like APC in the arabic language.

So it must be something like "big troop transporter" instead of APC which makes the talk that long, right?

Leave a comment:

• SGT_STD
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
    I don't think most of these guys know what a "busted hyman" is :laugh:
    Yes we do. It's how you greet someone: "Hi man!" Or is it it what you lost on your forteenth birthday?

Leave a comment:

• Empty_Quarter
    Guest replied

Originally posted by step2ice
    I'm interested into this one.

Actual translation please:

USA: Enemy APC spotted?

MEC: ?

Oh, and here is the sound file to make it easier for you to translate.

[EDIT]

changed from *.ogg into *.wav.
    Here is the translation:

How it’s said: Tama ta3rof 3ala 7amilatil junod almosala7a lila3da'a

What it literally means: An enemy transport vehicle carrying armed soldiers has been acknowledged

= MEC version of the USMC "Hostile APC Spotted"

I find that most of the Arabic commands in the game are very accurate. I am honestly impressed with it. Most of it is in the actual Arabic language and in the actual accent and not some English speaking guy behind the microphone. I haven't paid much attention to the written Arabic words (are they any?), but almost all the commands are accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Doctor
    Guest replied

I don't think most of these guys know what a "busted hyman" is :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• imported_extremepilot
    Guest replied

I hate when game companies don't pay for translators. Ever play True Crime: Streets of LA? Aside from being one of the worst games in history, they used non-sense babbling instead of Russian. THe only game I know of that did this with Russian

Leave a comment:

• BlueBunny63
    replied

MEC UAV-lady's voice is one of the primary reasons I play MEC. It's even better when you request supplies, and she tells you that the supply aircraft is refueling.

You guys who have English VO for everyone are missing out on something, let me tell ya...

Leave a comment:

• venny
    Guest replied

Another Bf2 ahajokes.com Qualifer Thread. :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Online1-0
    Guest replied

I keep hearing "awesome tank spotted" when in fact it is "hostile tank spotted." I switched to English only a while back. This has a drawback of when somebody gets killed near you, you no longer can tell if it is friendly or enemy, he always shouts "I need a medic" in English.

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied

Originally posted by i made you
    The voice quality in BF2 isn't exactly Celine Dion calibur.
    and thats the one thing they got right....

Leave a comment:

• lynxlyran
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Slugfly
    when the UAV runs out of fuel, it sounds like she says "UAV is being low on fuel, transmission ending"... what does she actually say? This line isn't funny like the hymen thing, but it's obviously not right.

Oh and the hymen thing... what does she actually say? (UAV is online and transmitting?)
    She says "UAV is BINGO on fuel"

When you run out of ammo you might say, "I'm Bingo on ammo"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X