• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troybob
    replied
    Re: My AA rant

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    \

So let me get this straight.... a jet takes NO skill... an AA vehicle takes "great skill"... but in order for a jet pilot to take you out, he has to be a "good pilot".

Shut up... get outta here.

You obviously have never seen a true... ****ty pilot. Go to a wake 24/7 server, wait for a jet, and just watch the idiots that get the jet you were waiting for. You will change your mind about the jet taking no skill whatsoever to use.
    maybe you should read my post more clearly.

a jet takes NO skill to man - simply hit the E button. The BF series was started with a philosophy stated by a DICE dev before BF1942 was released: "Easy to start, a lifetime to master". Does this make my post more clear?

Can we be friends now? Oh and I'm an excellent pilot (when I'm not drunk).

Leave a comment:

• sidtherat
    Guest replied

The AA is already overpowered the way it is now.

The fact is, it requires ZERO skill to man an AA station or AA vehicle, so to the hell with that.
    to man it, yes it requires E button

to use it effectively - oh noes, it requires much more than ZERO skill. you need to fire THREE missiles at something that is faster, more armoured and can at any time kill you from beyond lock range. jets/helis decimate bad AAers, so in fact they decimate 95% of them. what you need to be effective in AA is luck, and stupid pilot to shoot at. luck - because planes evade missiles with suprisingly high repetition rate.

so realy, saying that AA is overpowered is a cry of a whinebaby. AA sux against any decent pilot, mobile AA is no exception. once spotted, pilot is going to kill it. no matter how good the AAer is.

when facing an average AAer even the lamest of pilots [solo types, who dont solo-tv, racer choppers with clueless gunners, and sunday chopper drivers] can kill or at least evade AA. however you need to be way above average AAer to spoil some whoring fun of an average pilot.

remember, you are not a good chopper pilot when you go 50-0 on sharqi in hokum, and AA arent overpowered when you die by them once in a round

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    gee remember bf42? you could shoot them as soon as you could see them yet they still owned, fact is majority of bf2 pilots have no talent and cant handle being shot at thats why they base rape to pad their stats, the really talented pilots wouldnt mind more range on the stingers they know how to dive down on them....
    I don't care if you give them double their range.

They won't be a problem for me. AA has never been a problem for me.

It'll just be that i'll need to take AA as a threat and kill them before they kill me... just like the J-10.

More challenge = more fun

Originally posted by troybob
    requires ZERO skill to man a jet as well

Manning a mobile AA vehicle requires great skill in order to use it effectively without getting blown up (wtf no it doesn't). If the enemy troops spot you out - you are now target number 1 for a good pilot.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So let me get this straight.... a jet takes NO skill... an AA vehicle takes "great skill"... but in order for a jet pilot to take you out, he has to be a "good pilot".

Shut up... get outta here.

You obviously have never seen a true... ****ty pilot. Go to a wake 24/7 server, wait for a jet, and just watch the idiots that get the jet you were waiting for. You will change your mind about the jet taking no skill whatsoever to use.

Leave a comment:

• troybob
    replied

Originally posted by Churrasco
    The fact is, it requires ZERO skill to man an AA station or AA vehicle, so to the hell with that.
    It requires ZERO skill to man a jet as well, but that still doesn't mean you can be effective with either one.

Manning a mobile AA vehicle requires great skill in order to use it effectively without getting blown up. If the enemy troops spot you out - you are now target number 1 for a good pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Redfield
    replied

If it takes no skill from you to use the AA, it should take no-skilled pilot to be killed aswell. Or at least a pilot who made a mistake. With a weapon that doesnt rely on your "skills", you shouldnt rack up immense points. Remember that AA is a defensive weapon rather than offensive.

Leave a comment:

• .Churr.
    replied

The AA is already overpowered the way it is now.

Leave a comment:

• troybob
    replied

flak guns would be awesome

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey1141
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Ghost_Op
    If you were able to shoot at planes as long as you could see them...nobody would be able to play the jets anymore.
    This would be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• [2bit]Modmaven
    Guest replied

I dived down on your.....oh wait...

The real problem I think is that it takes more than two missiles to take out a plane or full health chopper. This means you have to reload on the stinger emplacements.....while the jet or chopper just flies out of range.

The mobile AA, on the other hand, is super deadly...it's all about the timing..

Leave a comment:

• Skwurl
    Guest replied

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    if i can see them with my own two eyes then the stinger SHOULD be able to lock onto them, it can in real life anyways
    Ah...the real life argument. A totalbf2 thread is never complete until someone brings this up.

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Ghost_Op
    If you were able to shoot at planes as long as you could see them...nobody would be able to play the jets anymore.
    gee remember bf42? you could shoot them as soon as you could see them yet they still owned, fact is majority of bf2 pilots have no talent and cant handle being shot at thats why they base rape to pad their stats, the really talented pilots wouldnt mind more range on the stingers they know how to dive down on them....

Leave a comment:

• Ghost_Op
    Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied

if i can see them with my own two eyes then the stinger SHOULD be able to lock onto them, it can in real life anyways

Leave a comment:

• davelisowski
    Guest replied

Is it because the plane is out of range?

I'm assumming you are talking about stingers? Stingers are mostly for helos. The AA vehicles are pretty good at taking down jets and helos.

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest started a topic My AA rant

My AA rant

Ok I havent whined or ranted for awhile so here goes....

%$#&%*$*( why the heck can i see planes visually but my AA can't lock onto them? this has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in any game I have ever played in my lifetime on this frigin planet. If your not gunna let me lock onto them then gimme flak like in 42

$%^$*%(O someone do something about it paweeeese
Working...
X