X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imported_illuzion
    replied
    Re: Hosting a populated server

I have a populated 64 man server that is always full. Its proabably because its 64 man but then again we started with 32 man...The key is karkand every other map and with 32 you need to make the maps 64 version...And if you think I am lying about the server look up digital Anarchy on game-monitor....Were ranked like 24 or something in the world...Or you could always just join up with us since were already established. Those servers are expensive especially if yours is always empty...

Leave a comment:

• RocketPunch
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
    Xfire is your friend...Get your name out there and get a good group of people to play with, then you should be able to start your server anytime...

Our team is in a similar predicament, only our server isnt ranked and runs custom maps 24/7... If this was the old days of BF pre ranking it wouldnt have been a problem to fill it...however now it is...
    Actually I love playing in unranked servers, people there always will tend to play the game to win, instead of playing with the the usual "Tk'ing, spawn camping, vehicle whoring, lonewolfing, badge hunting, UCB boming" 1337 players.

Leave a comment:

• Donkey
    Guest replied

Xfire is your friend...Get your name out there and get a good group of people to play with, then you should be able to start your server anytime...

Our team is in a similar predicament, only our server isnt ranked and runs custom maps 24/7... If this was the old days of BF pre ranking it wouldnt have been a problem to fill it...however now it is...

Leave a comment:

• XtremeZ
    Guest replied

i might join but where abouts is it hosted u k usa i am uk so i dont want o lag im a puub player as i do not have many freinds on bf2 i just joind a clana but dont seem to play much so i wannna start getting freinds and wroking together in a non pub inviroment lol

Leave a comment:

• kjr.
    Guest replied

A good Map rotation.

My server runs Dalian, Karkand, Sharqi, Zatar, Dragon, Daqing, and Kubra, all 32 man and we seem to get a lot of people.

The "pub-killer" map: Clean Sweep. 64 man is kind of cool, but it isn't if your server is at least under 32 man.

Leave a comment:

• disfigured
    replied

Originally posted by Fake|Arson
    We have no official server rules, but we don't encourage base rape or teamkilling.
    That's a tad vague. Tk'ing obviously is something not to be encouraged. But either way you slice it, there's a definitive line in the community as far as UCB rules goes, or where other "raping" "spawncamping" rules are concerned.

I don't want to start a whole UCB debate, that's not the point of my post. Either way people like to play is fine. But what a lot of people want, is to know if there is a definate policy on your server either way.

"we don't encourage", is a bit on the ambiguous side.

Personally I expect two things when it comes to raping or UCB rules. There are going to be rules, or there are not.

Some people want to know that there will be rules and they will be inforced, creating a certain gaming experience. Others want to know that there will be none, creating that type of gaming expereince.

I know your probably trying to feel out the community in general and leave all avenues open, and that's good. But when it comes to the these types of rules, generally I like to have a bit more solid of an idea of what the server's gaming philosphy is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• -FaKe|Arson
    replied

Thanks for the replies, and the advice. Anybody want to help get this started with me? I can get a few clanmates on as well.
    -FaKe| Ranked is a 32 slot server; 66.199.253.59:16567; rotating maps:
    Karkand
    Mash
    Sharqi
    Dalian
    Wake
    Daqing
    Kubra

After the maps rotate once in 64 player size, they rotate again in 32 player size.
    We have no official server rules, but we don't encourage base rape or teamkilling. Our slogan-Don't ***** or whine, just ****ing play.
    No profanity filter...speak your mind.

Leave a comment:

• « R²» P§I
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
    -Run a good map rotation
    Too many 24/7 anything maps now. Mix it up a bit, rotate a different map in and out every week or so.

-Server rules are good, just not like 2,000 of them.
    Too many rules and people usually leave. It's tough to get regulars like that.

-Make sure you can remove someone that is TK'ing for vehilces, etc.
    Nothing clears a server faster than a group of team killers. Dont be afraid to whip out the ban club and strike someone down with it.

-Fair and active admins
    Make sure that your admins dont say stuff like "That is my plane, get out or I'll ban you" That is really lame.
    Agreed with the above, also having a 100% working battle recorder helps

Leave a comment:

• RocketPunch
    Guest replied

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
    What's the best way to attract people to your server? My server is always empty, and because of that, nobody joins. I want to attract people, so that I can maintain a healthy populated server. Any ideas?

care to share you server name or ip?

Leave a comment:

• Charlesbian
    Guest replied

put VOIP in the name, and encourage voip'ing. there are too few servers out there these days where most of the team voip's. i love it when you got a good Voip squad going and taking tons of flags, makes all the difference. oh, and a varied map rotation

Leave a comment:

• Jay-C_2142
    Guest replied

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
    What's the best way to attract people to your server? My server is always empty, and because of that, nobody joins. I want to attract people, so that I can maintain a healthy populated server. Any ideas?
    I would definetly advise starting a clan (with a pre-fix). A great way to get regulars. Also, most of the servers in my favourites have a section in the server message box that says soemthing like: 'we promote teamwork so please squad up and work together' etc..
    Finally, don't have too many rules...or threaten people in the server message liek 'we will kick and ban you if you blah blah blah...'
    Have fair and active admins...Thats all i can think of right now. Post the IP and u'll check it out. What size is it and what map do you currently host? ranked or unranked?

Leave a comment:

• BioDiaperX
    Guest replied

I've been on yours a few times and it was really fun, but recently nobody has been on. Maybe. . . advertise it here lol. I'm sure a few people will join if you tell them about it. It was a really fun server, I'd hate to see it abandoned.

Leave a comment:

• Revoluti0n
    replied

Speaking of that...I don't understand why the Ranked server providers can't just do it on their end. Why is a patch even necessary for that? The option is right in BF2CC. Way to make something more complicated than it has to be huh? LOL

Leave a comment:

• imported_TheDragon
    replied

it will get easier after patch 1.4
    THEY say you will need fewer players to start
    best way is to get friends to log in
    if you have no friends (and I am not being sarcastic )
    then it is tough
    we grew from 8 guys to 84 in a few months
    by hosting or own server with good rules/rotations
    and having admins around to kick TK and other smacktards

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• slidero
    Guest replied

It would probably help if you tell us what you're running now. Server size, expansion, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X