• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAJTHOMAS
    Guest replied
    Re: Macros, yay or nay.

Originally posted by [STO] Killer Dragon
    its just to help you get an advantage over the people who dont use them.
    By this logic hacks such as aimbots and wall hacks are OK because, "its just to help you get an advantage over the people who dont use them."

Leave a comment:

• [STO] Killer Dragon
    Guest replied

Macros just help u, they arnt cheating of any sort because anyone can do it. its just to help you get an advantage over the people who dont use them. I dont use them because i am used to hitting all the buttens that macros are suposed to help u with. I will start to use them when my buddy get back.

Leave a comment:

• lmimmfn
    replied

Anyone who uses macros to 'AID' their play are just crap players, using macros IS cheating, its nowhere near having a GFX card difference, because those of us who want to enjoy the game can get a new GFX card but we dont want a macro keypad
    I suppose all those using macros say that using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs in sports hould be made legal because "its still the same person winning the medal"

If i see any macro fools ingame i spend the whole game going around specifically killing them whether theyre on my team or not, and i couldnt give a crap what it does to my score

Leave a comment:

• badge353
    Guest replied

It's cheating pure and simple IMO no different then a hacker.

Leave a comment:

• IAJTHOMAS
    Guest replied

Originally posted by lavadisk
    thats why i use the official logitech software and none of that cheating crap.
    What does it matter who produces the software if it has the same effect?

Oh, and to people who say that you can do everything w/o macros, that is true, but macros allow these to be done without any practice and often faster than is possible for unassisted humans. I can get to Australia without using a plane, but if I were in competiton I wuld be at a disadvantage to anyone with a plane. Its not just about what you can do, but the manner in which you can do it.

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

Originally posted by AgentSmith16
    I've seen macros in use, seen my buddies use them, and they are DUMB. Anyone who uses third-party hardware or software to exploit the game mechanics and gain themselves an unfair advantage that everyone else DOES NOT have should have their stats wiped and they should get hardware banned for life. They ruin the game for us honest players PERIOD. By the way, I say that everyone DOES NOT have them because I have done numerous google searches to see if these macros are widespread, but they seem to be created by single people or a site that demands money for them. I got my expert medic combat with no macros, no statpadding servers, no hacks, nothing. I wear that in pride, scoffing at all the "1337" players who have every expert badge courtesy of 1000 hours in-game and some "1337" macro.
    thats why i use the official logitech software and none of that cheating crap.

Leave a comment:

• CATIA
    Guest replied

is the above video stupid, annoying, dumb, lame, noobish, etc...? YES to all. however, it's not a cheat. despite what you think of his tactic, he’s not invisible. you can still kill him, it takes twice the effort to aim and take a shot, but the point is, it's doable.

Leave a comment:

• AgentSmith16
    Guest replied

I've seen macros in use, seen my buddies use them, and they are DUMB. Anyone who uses third-party hardware or software to exploit the game mechanics and gain themselves an unfair advantage that everyone else DOES NOT have should have their stats wiped and they should get hardware banned for life. They ruin the game for us honest players PERIOD. By the way, I say that everyone DOES NOT have them because I have done numerous google searches to see if these macros are widespread, but they seem to be created by single people or a site that demands money for them. I got my expert medic combat with no macros, no statpadding servers, no hacks, nothing. I wear that in pride, scoffing at all the "1337" players who have every expert badge courtesy of 1000 hours in-game and some "1337" macro.

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Retuner
    it's hard to understand that Dice say minimal systeem requird for better play is tottaly different story as macro's

because macro's are software that allow things that may not be used ingame or not was intend and flip flopping with no flaws is one of them
    thats already a flaw and its already possible without the use of macros and i think that that issue needs to be adressed. i hope the new patch dose something about that but thats a different matter.

Leave a comment:

• sassback
    Guest replied

even if it can be replicated with human hands (which i dont think it can) it would take a while to get the hang of it. point being idk anyone dumb enough to take even more time to learn to do this so they match the "Uber 1337 skillz" of the people who use them. fight like a man and ditch the damn macros. "foo":laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Thirdeyez
    Guest replied

Hi, Im the OP..
    And since Ive started this thread Ive come to notice that the anti-macro users are the majority..so what would someone even need macros for..hmm lets see..
    Well how abotu this lets check my 3 recent PM's Ive gotten..

i read ur post about macros and i was just wondering what the switiching pilot 100% was?

I hav seen ppl switching and TVing but the helo spins around so much. Pls explain

Thanks, MJ

...................................next one.............
    Just curious if the board you have is a g15? Cause i just bought one and i cant seem to get and even basic macro to work. Just curious if you know where i can find some literature to help me out. i went to various forums related to the g15 but found nothing. Thanx for your time
    ....................................next one................................
    hi i saw ur post about the macros and i have a g15 keyobard which i bought a week ago. i cant set up the macros and its really hard to do. i was wondering if u could send me your prone crouch and the TV missle one?

thanks

.................................................. ............

So to sum it up Ive gotten 3 PM's since this thread started basically saying..
    "The in-game way the game is suppose to be played is to hard..would you mind assisting me in cutting corners and using programs/items to have an edge over people, its to hard trying to play fair"

Leave a comment:

• BigPig_PW69
    Guest replied

I really don't see the argument here - Macros used for unfair advantages are cheating - FULL STOP!

If someone invents a macro (for jets lets say) that makes it impossible for an enemy jet or any AA to hit them is that cheating? YES
    If someone invents a macro (for infantry) that allows them to constantly jump/prone and fire weapon with pinpoint accurancy without being hit is that cheating? YES

Dice can make the next patch the best yet, but I bet any amount of money that certain people will exploit that to get an unfair advantage aswell and the lameness goes on and on!!!
    The only real problem with BF2 is the attitude of certain people that play it.

Leave a comment:

• Retuner
    Guest replied

Originally posted by lavadisk
    exactly. its like a mouse with sensitivity controles.
    it's hard to understand that Dice say minimal systeem requird for better play is tottaly different story as macro's

because macro's are software that allow things that may not be used ingame or not was intend and flip flopping with no flaws is one of them

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [SoP]d4rk4$$4$$n
    For those of you who say nay, I want to know: Is paying money to build the biggest baddest computer so you can play in a no-lag, great gfx environment and gain an advantage on the people who couldnt pay money to build the same comp cheating? No. Is it unfair? No. When you die do you yell: "*crying* That guy's cheating, he clearly has better gfx than me and he has no lag!!!" No.

Whats the difference here? People are just paying money to upgrade their computer to gain an advantage.

I know I had something else I wanted to say, but I forgot .

By the way, I don't have a macro keyboard and im not advocating it, I'm just being logical.
    exactly. its like a mouse with sensitivity controles.

Leave a comment:

• [SoP]d4rk4$$4$$n
    Guest replied

For those of you who say nay, I want to know: Is paying money to build the biggest baddest computer so you can play in a no-lag, great gfx environment and gain an advantage on the people who couldnt pay money to build the same comp cheating? No. Is it unfair? No. When you die do you yell: "*crying* That guy's cheating, he clearly has better gfx than me and he has no lag!!!" No.

Whats the difference here? People are just paying money to upgrade their computer to gain an advantage.

I know I had something else I wanted to say, but I forgot .

By the way, I don't have a macro keyboard and im not advocating it, I'm just being logical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X