• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Originally posted by stephensolfo
    i donbt know about that longer revive time.
    Try it out and let us know. We want to make to make sure this patch kicks butt

Leave a comment:

• colony
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Well it is a real downer to a fire fight when you are pounded from the sky.

Vehicles take quite a bit of skill. I recognize this as I am a terrible pilot.

Just some players like to stretch their legs and run around a bit without the fear of traffic running them down.
    I know, I just edited my post stating how cool it would be to invade islands using the boats. Finally a purpose for those boats! :laugh:

EDIT: Wait, infantry only is only for Road to Jalalabad or every map?

Leave a comment:

• DuffMan
    Guest replied

Originally posted by colony
    "commander with no artillery or vehicles"

Whats the point of being commander then?
    To help your team win o.O

Also if you totally suck at infantry you'll have to be commander to get points.

Leave a comment:

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest replied

Well it is a real downer to a fire fight when you are pounded from the sky.

Vehicles take quite a bit of skill. I recognize this as I am a terrible pilot.

Just some players like to stretch their legs and run around a bit without the fear of traffic running them down.

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

i donbt know about that longer revive time.

Leave a comment:

• colony
    Guest replied

"reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc)."

So using vehicles takes no skill?

"commander with no artillery or vehicles"

Whats the point of being commander then?

I understand its just for the no infantry mode....but still

Also, I havent tried it yet, but say you are on Wake Island, and obviously the carrier and small island are the only starting spawn points of the USMC. You would have to use the boats to get to land correct? That should be pretty cool, invading the land with the boats much easier than before should make a cool battle. I just feel the infantry play in BF2 is not its strong point with problems like spotty hit detection and clumsy stand-to-prone movements

Leave a comment:

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest started a topic No Vehicle option details

No Vehicle option details

Hi Guys,
    Please review the no vehicle option details below. Hopefully this helps people understand and enjoy this feature a bit more.

No vehicles – We removed vehicles to change up the manner in which the game it played. This places more focus on how players strategize their movements and also reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc).

Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.

Commander without Artillery or Vehicles

Longer spawn time – The long respawn also creates an incentive to change up the manner in which the game is played. There is a greater consequence on death. We also saw the need to slow the pace of the game down somewhat in order to increase the intensity.

Longer Revive Time – This helps to compensate for the long spawn time. With 30 seconds of revive time, there is a greater chance to be revived. This is also beneficial since there is a greater need to revive players. The extra time also allows for medics to give some thought as to when to revive a player. Medics can allow dangers to pass then revive a player rather than being required to rush into danger.

Reduce health pack replenish – This is a rebalance of the medic class to prevent exploits created by the reduction in damage.

RIBs & Parachutes left in game – Some maps require water transport or parachutes to work.

TOW missile left in place

-DICE Staff
Working...
X