X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris_Redfield
    replied
    Re: I love killing J-10's

Zippor, unless you like dogfighting against a plane on the ground, i wouldnt call +300 cannon round much of an advantage in a dogfight. It used to be, in MiG vs F35B in pre 1.2 though...

Leave a comment:

• bloodbrood
    Guest replied

Were you by any chance playing on the Insomnia365 Wake server? I play there but never see you...=(

Leave a comment:

• zipp0r
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Not even remotely. They are both supposed to be fighters. Yet F35B is more of a bomber (Ground assault fighter? or how do they call those- attackers?) than a fighter.

The J10's advantages are:

tighter turning radius
    lower A2A lockon time
    smaller collision mesh

correct.

The F-35's advantages are:

Cannon ammo count - insignificant
    Stable bombing platform - agreed, but does it add any values as a fighter? hardly.
    Stable gunning platform - same as above
    Reloads bombs in one pass - same as above
    Speed - Incorrect. Its only speed advantage is the boost it gest from ABs, its acceleration to be precise. It looses speed way too fast.

Im going to add one that you missed

Agility - fast AB rolls

=================

All in all, F35B only has a few characteristics that "can" be used to "attempt" to even out the odds with the J10, but lets face it, as a fighter, its ****. ****poor, and only good in the hands of a pilot who knows his plane like the back of his hands, its weaknesses, and its limited strenghts over J10, and even then, its just.... not enough.

As a bomber F35B, or as a ground attack plane, its great, awesome. In maps where theres one bomber and one fighter (like Oman), together they can beat the MiG, the Su, and provide combined firepower that matches the Sus.

However, as individual planes, they can only match the MiG if the pilot knows what hes doing and again, knows the jets strenghts and weaknesses.

I like this balance design in F35B F35B vs MiG and Su. But 2X F35B vs 2 J10? Comeon... Its like 2 Vodniks vs 2 Abrams in an open field.

hey the ammo count on the f35 is a good thing, means i can strafe still the cows come home

Leave a comment:

• Mekstizzle
    Guest replied

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    I have been flying pretty much just choppers lately, but I just started flying jets alot again. I was just playing with Sir.Blades on a wake server.. some guy in a J-10 was talking **** to me the whole time.

I killed him 4 times :laugh: and then he called me a hacker.

THEN.... :laugh:..... my friend I was on vent with, he went to the chinese and told me were this guys exact location was the whole time. :laugh:

This guy was such a cocky butthole man.. it was so fun killing him over and over again.

I killed the guy like 20 times out of like 40 or so kills... so funny. He was like a sergeant major too. I probably killed him in the air more than half of the kills... he was so bad.

But yeah.. he isn't showing up on my victims list, and I haven't had ANYONE for a long long time get on that list.. since like 1.2. I have killed plenty of people > 20 times IAR, but yet they dont show up..

P.S..

If you are in a J-10, and you just spin in circles.... well that's the stupidest thing you can do... (that's how I killed him so much.. he would do circles, I would break off, go up, come back down behind him, and then kill him with my cannons.)

Oh well this thread is kinda pointless, but I just thought it was funny.
    Well if their team had any clue the other J10 (i beleive there are two J10's) would simply spam missles at you and they would somehow find a way to kill you. Pwnage always comes only when the other team is rubbish.

It's always nice to take down J10's though. It's easily possible, just that usually the other J10 saves the day, when you try and go for the kill. You seem to have had the luck of taking a J10 out without another J10 on your six.

Leave a comment:

• Krypp596
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Talus
    Hey...I've done it a lot...and many times in one round even.
    Yea me too, but its very rare... They are like flies, you can squash them twice, but they still live to make a living hell for you

Leave a comment:

• Eternal-Souljah
    Guest replied

Lol, this 3rd*name guy, look at his time in PLA, he must teamswitch to get the J10 or something.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Hey...I've done it a lot...and many times in one round even.

Leave a comment:

• Krypp596
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Talus
    Try taking out a J10 with a stinger site...now THAT is pure gold.
    Only in your dreams...

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

You know the J10 is overpowered when J10 pilots accuse people of HACKING when they can actually take them down

Try taking out a J10 with a stinger site...now THAT is pure gold.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Redfield
    replied

Originally posted by Wreck
    They aren't supposed to be equal. Are they balanced? Maybe.
    Not even remotely. They are both supposed to be fighters. Yet F35B is more of a bomber (Ground assault fighter? or how do they call those- attackers?) than a fighter.

tighter turning radius
    lower A2A lockon time
    smaller collision mesh

correct.

Cannon ammo count - insignificant
    Stable bombing platform - agreed, but does it add any values as a fighter? hardly.
    Stable gunning platform - same as above
    Reloads bombs in one pass - same as above
    Speed - Incorrect. Its only speed advantage is the boost it gest from ABs, its acceleration to be precise. It looses speed way too fast.

Im going to add one that you missed

Agility - fast AB rolls

=================

All in all, F35B only has a few characteristics that "can" be used to "attempt" to even out the odds with the J10, but lets face it, as a fighter, its ****. ****poor, and only good in the hands of a pilot who knows his plane like the back of his hands, its weaknesses, and its limited strenghts over J10, and even then, its just.... not enough.

As a bomber F35B, or as a ground attack plane, its great, awesome. In maps where theres one bomber and one fighter (like Oman), together they can beat the MiG, the Su, and provide combined firepower that matches the Sus.

However, as individual planes, they can only match the MiG if the pilot knows what hes doing and again, knows the jets strenghts and weaknesses.

I like this balance design in F35B F35B vs MiG and Su. But 2X F35B vs 2 J10? Comeon... Its like 2 Vodniks vs 2 Abrams in an open field.

Leave a comment:

• CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
    Lol yeah I was there. That guy, Kratos GOW right? He is an idiot. I have played with him a lot. there is a technique to killing j10s with an F35 thats REALLY good. I took him out once when he was in a full afterburner turn once with missles and he called me a hacker. He is an idiot. the round right before that I went 36 for 0 in the F35 WOOT WOOT. 900th post, and im glad i used it flaming Kratos

Thanks for that made me laugh.

I hope all they do in the patch is slightly beef up the F-35 with armour. It would force people to adapt as it would be harder to shoot down but give people a slightly better chance against a j-10 say two missles and some gun to knock it down from full health.

It is so satisfing killing J-10's with the 35, I hope they don't wreck the game some more by dumbing it down. I've enjoyed my learning curve and want people to have to learn like I did. Oh and easy kills are still funny. :evil:

Leave a comment:

• SaS|firestorm
    Guest replied

no wounde i get wasted every time in f-35...

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

Originally posted by AliothSkySystems
    lol, kratos
    him and 3RD*NAME are big noobs in my book

nothing but j-10s for them

in your j10 vs f-35?
    noooooooob alert...

Favorite Victim
    (Kills to, via EA)

3RD*NAME (6)

stupid J-10 ***** :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Blades
    Guest replied

Well the MISSLES are supposed to be the same regardless. I was talking about that aspect of the balance. They both have a lot going for it, but the MISSLES need to be equal. If they arent, then guess who wins every dogfight. Result, they arent equal. Not a bit.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Wreck
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
    No you dont fly enough if you say J10 v F35 is even remotely equal. If you say kinda equal, no. If you say mostly equal, no. End of story.
    They aren't supposed to be equal. Are they balanced? Maybe.

tighter turning radius
    lower A2A lockon time
    smaller collision mesh

Cannon ammo count
    Stable bombing platform
    Stable gunning platform
    Reloads bombs in one pass
    Speed

Leave a comment:

Working...