CHopper pilot , where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHopper pilot , where to start

Ok guys have just bought a X52 and was looking to get some serious AIr time in .

Where and what is the best place to start ? I have 2 hours single play under my belt .

Re: CHopper pilot , where to start

muiltiplayer practice, dont listen to what others say about not using multiplayer for practice. do it anyway.
    practice makes perfect

but i prefer the mouse

Comment

Very basic: offline ABSOLUTELY - From your first flight you need some time to learn AT LEAST to not crash youself, turning around an object, etc.

For all the rest: online... possible on sharqi where is much easy to avoid AA, or you get frustrated coz in the first days you dunno about the "tips".

But please: do not mount on a chop if you dunno how to fly at all, and don't come into a gunner seat when you dunno what's a TV missle, how to fire it, how to guide it.. i do not blame at guys that doesn't hit a target (i'm not a pro too), but at those that doesn't fire at all and start to spam with the chairgun at the enemy heli or (!) to the tanks.

Comment

x52

but there are some pilots that don't even consider there gunner is there too.

Comment

Do a search for army dr's (I'm sure I didn't put all the punctuating and caps in the right places in his name) helo videos. They are a great guide for starting out. I'm feeling lazy at the moment, otherwise I would find them for you myself.

Comment

Those videos are REALLY good. I watched armydr's vid on strafing, cuz i couldnt do it properly before. It really helped. And on dogfighting which i didnt really need help in, but i watched it anyways and learned some good tactics. The first one is very good for basic pilots. Covers everything, chopper control, firing a missle, throttle control etc. Watch all of them.

Comment

Here's the thread on the videos, scroll toward the last two pages to get to the new location of the files.

Hope this helps

Comment

I say start witth wake by yourself, just to get familiar with the planes, then you can go online and practice there, but find a smallish server where there wont be too many jerks than kill you for the planes, or jump infront of the plane. Then once you get really good, move to Kubra Dam and you can fly through the tunnels or gaps in the dam. But did you get that joystick just for BF2??? 'cause if you did, thats not the best choice, BF2 planes are too arcade style for a good joystick, for BF2 you shoulda gotten a sidewinder or something, so you can put it off to the side easily when u arent in a plane, plus its easier if you only have a 1 unit joystick in BF2 so everyting is close at hand. I personaly have the X45(the version before the X52) and i use the mouse.

Comment

For choppers, best maps are:
                  Sharq. Peninsula
                  Mashtuur City

Comment

Oh i dowloaded bu tit only plays the sound and not the video . Im using windows media player ,

ANy ideas ?

Comment

Maybe...

Originally posted by -ArmyDr-
                      P.S. most people already have it, but if you don't you'll need the divx codec. If you don't know whether you need it or not, download the videos and if they don't play then you need it. Go to http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/ ...type in your email address and press download. After you have it downloaded, when you press install, simply install the codec, you don't need to install the player and other things.
                      <shrug>

Comment

Tyler , your just so good man , thx

Comment

Working...
                        X