Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which order do i have to install BF2, BF2:SF and the patches again??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In which order do i have to install BF2, BF2:SF and the patches again??!?!?

Originally posted by Wargimp
    Just BF2, any/all expantions, then latest FULL patch.
    but if have have EF u need to install 1.2X first..no???
    Here's an idea, instead of all these stat apps and cache cleaners....why not have an autopatcher app??? i'd use it

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3
      Here's an idea, instead of all these stat apps and cache cleaners....why not have an autopatcher app??? i'd use it
      suggest that to someone who can makes programs like that.
      about the EF thing, i think your right on that one. Because of the modifications it did for vanilla bf2. So just to be on the safe side, i would install the bf2 1.22 patch before installing euro forces.

Comment

okay, i dont have EF, so dont confuse me

Comment

I agree with Ali G here. Its completely retarted that someone has to ask what order to install the patches in when they need to reinstall. And if you dont, the game will screw up. Ridiculous. You COULD just download the full patch, but it really shouldnt be required to get it working. Another screw up on EA's part I guess.

Comment

Just BF2, any/all expantions, then latest FULL patch.
            Not true. The EF expansion needs the 1.2 patch before you install. So you must install in the order I stated earlier.

Originally posted by Ali G
            okay, i dont have EF, so dont confuse me
            Then do BF2, SF, 1.22 full patch. Whats so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3
              Nope.
              EF contains it's own version of the patch it requires.
              I really don't get why people find this so confusing... just don't use incrementals when you are patching more than a single step and you're fine. Even if you are just going one step, it's still more reliable to use a full patch.

Lemme try to explain:
              Incremental patches contain ONLY the code that has changed in the previous step. 1.2 to 1.21, for example. If you were to try to go from 1.2 to 1.22 using the 1.22 incremental, you'd likely missout on some of the code that 1.21 changed, but 1.22 didn't. What's worse is any time you run a patch (or any piece of code, writen by EA or not), there's a chance that something will go wrong. It's just the nature of computers. This can cause corruption to creep in. You might have been fine using incrementals all the way along, then BAM, the latest one flakes out on you. Once that happens, yer boned.

Full patches contain ALL changes. Right from version 1.0.
              This means you could install BF2 (1.0), EF (1.2), then SF (1.12). If you were to try to play the game at this point, it would be broken. HOWEVER, if you install the full 1.22 patch, it will update ALL the code in all 3 installs up to 1.22.

Once again, when in doubt, use the full patch. When not in doubt, using the full patch is still a more reliable way to go.

SO!
              What version are you going to use...?

Comment

Nope.
                EF contains it's own version of the patch it requires.
                I really don't get why people find this so confusing... just don't use incrementals when you are patching more than a single step and you're fine. Even if you are just going one step, it's still more reliable to use a full patch.

Lemme try to explain:
                Incremental patches contain ONLY the code that has changed in the previous step. 1.2 to 1.21, for example. If you were to try to go from 1.2 to 1.22 using the 1.22 incremental, you'd likely missout on some of the code that 1.21 changed, but 1.22 didn't. What's worse is any time you run a patch (or any piece of code, writen by EA or not), there's a chance that something will go wrong. It's just the nature of computers. This can cause corruption to creep in. You might have been fine using incrementals all the way along, then BAM, the latest one flakes out on you. Once that happens, yer boned.

Full patches contain ALL changes. Right from version 1.0.
                This means you could install BF2 (1.0), EF (1.2), then SF (1.12). If you were to try to play the game at this point, it would be broken. HOWEVER, if you install the full 1.22 patch, it will update ALL the code in all 3 installs up to 1.22.

Once again, when in doubt, use the full patch. When not in doubt, using the full patch is still a more reliable way to go.

SO!
                What version are you going to use...?
                OMG USE THE 1.22 FULL PATCH AT THIS SITE

OMG JUST DOWNLOAD THAT. god it isnt that hard

It really cant be that hard to just listen to what wargimp is saying.

Comment

dont look at me O2zi3 is the one who raised the question...im dling ful 1.22 right now...

Comment

dont look at me O2zi3 is the one who raised the question...im dling ful 1.22 right now...
                    So what... These forums dont revolve around you. He had a question.. and we answered it. Get over the fact that it didnt help you because you didnt need it...
                    ps- my responce in the big letters was meant towards you because you continuesly posted about how you were confused or whatever...

Comment

and here is my advice to you sir, take a chill pill

Comment

and here is my advice to you sir, take a chill pill
                        Nein.

Comment

Macht es, oder ich werde diese deutsche Wurst auf Ihr Gesäß klemmen

lol, freetranslation ftw

Comment

didnt translate right.lol i got this Power it, or I this German sausage will pinch on your Gesäß
                            and i already knew what "nein" meant btw. everyone should.

Comment

Originally posted by punisher18
                              didnt translate right.lol i got this Power it, or I this German sausage will pinch on your Gesäß
                              and i already knew what "nein" meant btw. everyone should.
                              Yeah, it' the number after eight.
                              As in the average number of times you have to tell a causual computer user how to do something before they still manage to break something.

Comment

Yeah, it' the number after eight.
                                As in the average number of times you have to tell a causual computer user how to do something before they still manage to break something.
                                I thought that happens the first time you try to tell the casual computer user to do anything? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X