• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBrown
    Guest replied
    Re: Petition keep squad hopping in Battlefield 2

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
    I do not get it why this is even a sticky. Maybe someone should start another petition to make sure squad hopping will be removed forever.
    What about a petition to additionally remove the ability to spawn at a squadleader after you suicided? IMHO their fix described in the leaked info doesn't do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• F-1
    Guest replied

I do not get it why this is even a sticky. Maybe someone should start another petition to make sure squad hopping will be removed forever.

Originally posted by xpnl
    I hate squad hoping...and clans, can anyone set up a petition against this petition?
    Yes I hate petitions to

loool

I completely agree.

Leave a comment:

• Batausu
    Guest replied

Why isn't this issue a server option? Every time they make a gameplay change, somebody is not happy! So let's have an option, instead of enforcing it on all players.
    Clans may have it their way, if they want, while most of the public servers will turn it off. Problem solved!

Leave a comment:

• spartan915
    Guest replied

Originally posted by LoganX
    Now your getting it.
    Using the game and the vehicles as intended instead of teleporting everywhere.
    Yes the SL spawn is a feature but using it to the extent that it has gotten to is absurd.
    Still haven't given me a strong reason for it removal. You say I'm getting it so based on your logic you would rather show up after your team has lost a battle to take/hold a spawn point than jump into the fight and help them win. How is that teamwork and you basically saying you would rather lose. Sorry but that makes no sense to me. I would rahter make a difference in a fight rather than my team lose because someone doesn't want to squad hop to help change the outcome of a battle. And I won't agree that the people that have been in here today complaining is a large enough sample of what the much larger community feels about this. I tend to try to stay away from stereotyping a group. Once again I will play when the feature is removed and I'm sure I continue to see success I just don't agree with the need to remove it. Also I haven't seen a valid argument in these posts that would convince me otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• davie18
    Guest replied

lawl my first signed peteion ever 1111!!11111!ONEONEONEONE111!!11!!!

Leave a comment:

• LoganX
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SpartanODST
    People walking/driving to every spawn point/battle on the map. When I have to I will but for right now I rather enjoy hopping right into a fight rahter than getting there is a locked squad after it's to late.
    Now your getting it.
    Using the game and the vehicles as intended instead of teleporting everywhere.
    Yes the SL spawn is a feature but using it to the extent that it has gotten to is absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Sadistic_1
    Guest replied

I couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread that's been done to death by both sides. Suffice to say, I signed the petition.

Leave a comment:

• LoganX
    Guest replied

To say that people who squad hop don't know how to keep a squad alive is totally and completely ignorant. Stereotype much? Your response to this thread have been blanket accusing people that squade hop of not knowing how to use field tactics or that it requires no skill.
    This is because the pro-hopping peolpe are making it sound like squad-hopping is pivotal for winning a match. What I'm asking is what happened to the real skill of Playing not menu hopping. It's really ridiculous to call this a tactic. I've been against some questionable tactics before but at least they were all in the game not in a menu.

How in the heck can you say what a person is good at after thay spawn. Your point makes no sense whatsoever. I squad hop into fights and help the SL to keep and take spawn points. Your statement/stereotype that I don't know field tactis is ignorant and wrong.
    Then stop whining about the removal of this feature and use those vaunted field tactics to continue to keep your SL alive. You can still spawn in on him but now you will have to work harder to not only keep the SL alive but yourself as well. Instead of relying on the game menu to get you back in the fight.

Leave a comment:

• spartan915
    Guest replied

How can you say "it's a brilliant part of the game"?
    You're playing tag with a game menu!!
    You not using any FPS Gaming skill whatsoever.
    How come no one comprehends that?
    Your using a 'so-called tactic' that requires ZERO Gaming skill and you think that's a good thing? It's intuitive?? Man...where the heck has all the real skill gone...
    What the heck does squad hopping have to do with someone ability or inability to be a good ground pounder. Your point makes no sense; I credit that your trying but to assume that if a player squad hops they can't fight is azzinine. If the players that squad hop have no FPS Gaming skill what do you care if they leave your squad anyway. Where has the real skill gone, who died and made you the judge of real skill and what is this real skill that you speak of anyway? I squad hop to help others in different areas of the map when they ask for help. I will continue to play when/if it is removed from the game I just don't see the sense in taking it out. Just to force people to walk all over the map. I guess that is the skill you are referring to . People walking/driving to every spawn point/battle on the map. When I have to I will but for right now I rather enjoy hopping right into a fight rahter than getting there is a locked squad after it's to late.

Leave a comment:

• Terroser
    Guest replied

To say that people who squad hop don't know how to keep a squad alive is totally and completely ignorant. Stereotype much? Your response to this thread have been blanket accusing people that squade hop of not knowing how to use field tactics or that it requires no skill. How in the heck can you say what a person is good at after thay spawn. Your point makes no sense whatsoever. I squad hop into fights and help the SL to keep and take spawn points. Your statement/stereotype that I don't know field tactis is ignorant and wrong. And based on your statment you must never die. I would love to see your uber squad in action...give me a break.
    eh is just dum, because squadcycling is for keeping your squad alive

Leave a comment:

• spartan915
    Guest replied

Sure...then we'll have a non-hopping war of "People who've never used Squad-hopping and learned how to keep their squad alive on the battlefield actually playing the game" VS "People who always squad-hopped and never learned how to use Field Tactics" and we'll see who wins.

As it is the Comp people are making it sound like Squad-hopping is the only thing helping them win games.
    To say that people who squad hop don't know how to keep a squad alive is totally and completely ignorant. Stereotype much? Your response to this thread have been blanket accusing people that squade hop of not knowing how to use field tactics or that it requires no skill. How in the heck can you say what a person is good at after thay spawn. Your point makes no sense whatsoever. I squad hop into fights and help the SL to keep and take spawn points. Your statement/stereotype that I don't know field tactis is ignorant and wrong. And based on your statment you must never die. I would love to see your uber squad in action...give me a break.

Leave a comment:

• Ruhanga
    Guest replied

Why sticky this? Are the mods favoring this petition? I call this very unthought decision.

Leave a comment:

• LoganX
    Guest replied

How can you say "it's a brilliant part of the game"?
    You're playing tag with a game menu!!
    You not using any FPS Gaming skill whatsoever.
    How come no one comprehends that?
    Your using a 'so-called tactic' that requires ZERO Gaming skill and you think that's a good thing? It's intuitive?? Man...where the heck has all the real skill gone...

Leave a comment:

• Tobacco
    Guest replied

Originally posted by =IMO=PFCBerkeley
    Actually Tobacco, there is a statement from a developer saying that you weren't intended to be able to select another squad leader to spawn on while dead, but it was another one of those things that they hadn't taken out.
    Thanks, I didn't know that . That being said, and no offence to you, but that was probably some lame excuss the Devs gave to chill out some noobs .

I think SQuad Hopping is a brilliant part of the game and see/read no valid reason it should be nerfed - IMHO

T

Leave a comment:

• xpnl
    replied

I hate squad hoping...and clans, can anyone set up a petition against this petition?
    Yes I hate petitions to

Leave a comment:

Working...
X