Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Merchant
    replied
    Re: Just wondering about the 65nm chips.

Yeh just leave it ur PC better than 95% of people's pc's

saying that im tempted to move from an 8800gt to an Ati 4870, wanna play AOC at high with bloom AA and AF

Leave a comment:

• Eagle101
    Guest replied

Wow that was a 10/10 answer Spark, thanks a million!

Leave a comment:

• TheSpark29
    Guest replied

IMO, there's no reason to buy a new CPU right now. Especially if you have a Conroe or later. Nehalem is comming out soon. Buying a s755 CPU doesn't make sense if you already have a Conroe. Even a lowly E6300 can be OCed to over 3GHz, making it a solid mid-range performer, even by today's standards. The 65nm products have pretty much been replaced by the 45nm parts in terms of production but they are still solid CPUs. The E6xx0 series has technically already begun to die because production is very small/none. But they will be very plentiful until the sucessor to Nehalem. (not the die-shrink of Nehalem, the sucessor.) ie Not any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle101
    Guest replied

Oh i'm sorry, i ment as in stop being good enough, as in it will make a huge and significant difference if i buy a newer cpu. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
    replied

As in stop being sold, stop being good enough or stop working?

Leave a comment:

• Eagle101
    Guest started a topic Just wondering about the 65nm chips.

Just wondering about the 65nm chips.

Hi all, i am just wondering about the 65nm chips i.e. E6 series.

I wanted to ask for some opinions here on the forum, when do you guys/gals think that the 65nm will die? Seeing that the Q9 quads are out and the nehalem chips are out as well me thinks.
Working...
X