• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

NO! Embarrassing? Bad idea to say that.

Relax, be yourself, and pretend she is in your squad in BF3 and you are the squad leader and everything will be fine.

But yeah, go get coffee, or buy her one and bring it to her if the setting is right. Let that start your conversation.

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

I'm going to try a " This is quite embarrassing, but do you want to go for a coffee? "

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied

FHITA

If not that, then I don't know... "Hello" might work as an opening.

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

Hey guys i need some of your help. Tonight a friend introduced me to a girl i really wanted to talk to for some time now, and i momentarily just didn't know what to say,it never happened before, i was just there, smiling and looking at her eyes like an asshole, i know she is very shy and she was even more embarrassed then i was , she wouldn't even look at me xD. Another friend of mine ended up calling me and removing me from that awkward moment, but i still wanted to talk to her. Damn! Why didn't I offer her a drink? I guess i was way too scared about doing something wrong, but now i am just regretting the fact that i did nothing . I'm almost sure she would accept going on a coffee with me or so, but how can i talk to her now? I just don't know what to say as an opening xD. Do you have any ideas that can help me out :/ ?

Leave a comment:

• DunkinSPE
    replied

I can save you a couple of thousand dollars by giving you the answer to what you learn in most Masters Programs.

First learn to ask questions.
    Then qualify the questions and keep the ones that are relevant to the topic.
    Next do Research in regard to those questions.
    Then analyze the findings of your research.
    Come to a conclusion.
    Apply your answers to the original questions.
    Back up your conclusions with your research.
    Don Hat and Robe. Hold rolled up paper in hand. Smile!

Or even more simply. Learn to ask the right questions, know where to go to find answers, and know how to apply those answers properly.

Of course i'm leaving out the part where you get bloodshot eyes and bang your head against a library study desk or data station a couple of times but hopefully you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

Originally posted by jake_
    We're talking about higher education, right? >_>
    Thanks to that I now picture a BMW and a muppet servicing an evil overlord... and getting T-shirts from it...

How did I manage that?

Leave a comment:

• jake_
    replied

I'm somewhat relieved that I decided to not continue in the same field after I finish my B.A. this year and get a Masters and PhD (somewhere in the area of 6-8 years total on average).

Instead it's law school next year... at least it's only 3 years.

We're talking about higher education, right? >_>

Leave a comment:

• DunkinSPE
    replied

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
    Just completed my 3rd day of my Masters ... god help me....
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and I feel your pain.

Leave a comment:

• SgtMattBaker
    replied

Just completed my 3rd day of my Masters ... god help me....

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied

You know what you guys should do? Sign up for the Hawken beta. Even better, you should use my referral link (Yeah they suck, but I never use them outside of this time):

https://playhawken.com/?ref=b4c7oese

Seems like it'll be a F2P Mech first-person action/shooter game. The beta is apparently sort of soonish which you can sign up for with the above link if you want.

EDIT: Screw it, I already have my 3 referrals and have solidified my name in-game already. So, you don't have to use that link if you don't want. But go sign up either way: https://playhawken.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X