Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Eddy01741 Guest

Re: The M95 is a total piece of sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by {WP}Paas
    I think it was just poor weapon selection.

I can understand from a gameplay perspective that EA/DICE did not want one shot kills from weapons, but, on the same note it's a .50 caliber sniper rifle. There is really NO WAY to logically make people think in terms of .50cals NOT being a fatal round.. even when you factor in the concept of body armor n' such.

EA probably should have opted for somthing that, while extremely powerfull, could be stopped by body armor.

For instance, maybe a .300 Win S.M./M, or maybe even a .338 L., or hell, even a 7mm Mag, or a 30-06. All of those rounds would be able to penetrate body armor better than an .308, yet, still be stopped under the wildest circumstances by modern body armor.

Also, with the adjustment of the rifles would have to come new damage calculations; and they should be as such.

SVD(7.62x54r) and M24(7.62x51NATO) - should body hit with about the same power, clocking in at about 50 damage to the chest, and 75 to the limbs, and of course a kill to the head. Modern body armor is VERY capable of stopping both rounds (I belevie they shoot 115g. Bullets, I could be off a little on this)

M95(.50! I don't even know the exact measurements, I would guess 12.7x75, or somthing of that nature) - This should just be flat out done away with, either that, or it should kill in one hit to the chest/head, and critically injur in all other circumstances.

China Gun(5.8x45... right?) No personall experience with this one, but, I would imagine it could punch through body armor with some decent velocities, probably would shatter inside of a indvidual... and take a very rounds to break the plates of any givin' bodyarmor, but, it could work? So, maybe make a function such as:

First connection there is a 20% chance of penetration, second connection to the chest 40% chance of penetration, and third, about 90% chance (Figurin' the plates would be pretty weak at this point?)

If the round penetrates it should do about 65 damage to the torso considering that it's more than likely to fragment off of body inside of a target and do considerable damage vs. a .308, or .300 win mag that's just going to blow a solid hole through you. Maybe 25 damage to limbs, considering the round wouldn't really have enough time to fragment.

...yeah this is a lot, mostly a brain fart. But, I figured why the hell not?

Anyways, a good rifle to replace the M95 with is probably a Dakota T-76 Longbow, dominately accurate rifle there. And very capable of extreme armor penetration with it's .338 laupa round... functions could rate as such:

Torso hit - 1st 80% chance of penetration, 2nd 95% chance of penetration (Stops here, always a chance of failure of penetration, unlike the barret. Although, it's HIGHLY unlikely a .338 won't rip through you and your buddies behind ya'.)

Damage to the torso would be about 95 (The current of the M24), cause if a .338 don't kill ya', you're damn near dead or immobile.

Limbs would have to be INSTANT critical wounds, .338 is likely to take them off. (If you doubt that, think about it. A .308 will take ya' down and it fires a 115g., .338 fires a 166 Sierra I belevie... OUch!? )

Ok, I'm done... just some ideas.

{WP}Paas
    Wow, nice spam, a .308 bullet could penetrate body armor, in fact, a 5.56 FMJ for all i care could penetrate body armor dude. And the 12.7 round is the 12.7x99 BMG round. And it's a game dude, it's good enough, it has the accuracy of an SVD, it has bolt action and the power of a M24. It ignores body armor and can penetrate glass. It's good enough dude. And if a 5.8x45 or whatever could penetrate body armr, a NATO 7.62 round will definetly penetrate body armor with high velocities provided with sniper rifles. All the unlocks are fine dude, lay off the humoungus post, this is not a flame, do not flame me unless you have intents to start a flame war.

EDIT: DKP-Orkan said it before i did, i had to go pis so i had a little break while writing this post.

usiel Guest

Its all about game balancing not real world bullestics. M24 does feel a bit more accurate than the M95.

Eddy01741 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by usiel
    Its all about game balancing not real world bullestics. M24 does feel a bit more accurate than the M95.
    Don't worry, it is, the M95 is just as accurate as the SVD, look at the top of this link:
    http://www.after-hourz.com/forum/ind...=0&#entry75913

It has the same deviation with zoom/scope as the SVD, which is 0.02, the M24 has 0.01, lower is better, it's definetly less accurate, but not less accurate than the SVD.

DLWebmaestro96 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ||ass||variable
    I think he means gay-stupid, not gay-homosexual.
    I still find it an insult to gay people, since the "gay-stupid" got its start by people equating homosexuals with negativity.

But that's okay... I'm starting to use "jewish" as jewish-stupid, not jewish-the religion.

"OMG, you bunny hop? That's so jewish!"

Eddy01741 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DLWebmaestro96
    I still find it an insult to gay people, since the "gay-stupid" got its start by people equating homosexuals with negativity.

But that's okay... I'm starting to use "jewish" as jewish-stupid, not jewish-the religion.

"OMG, you bunny hop? That's so jewish!"
    Yeah, why do so many people say "that is so g-a-y" I had to put the dashes because it will make them the word g ay into asterisks. I mean it offends people that are really g ay because it makes them feel mor different, people commit hate crimes on g ay peoples, in fact a lot of g ay people suicide. They're not bad, or evil, or breaking any laws, they're just different, they're just attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender, lay of saying that something is g ay, it makes whoever says that look like a teenager, cause since when i was in high school (like 6-7 years ago) everybody said, that is so g ay. They do that so much, don't be one of those immature teenagers.

MackTheKnifeAU Guest

I unlocked it a few days ago, first round score 90 points and gold. But that was in karkand with a lot of claymore kills.

I find it's terrible compared to the M24, I NEVER get the headshots I do with the M24, and still need to shoot someone twice, and I never seem to hit anyone if they are prone. Plus the M24 is quicker, a tonne more accurate and longer range.

I don't think i "wasted" my unlock, considering the only unlock I cared about was the DAO12 (and got that first), but it should have it's accuraccy fixed.

I really don't mind not having 1 shot kills (we know what the AWP can do to CS games), but I find the lack of accuraccy disturbing for a weapon that is supposed to shoot over 2 thousand meters.

It has to be made distincitve and usefull, it should have it's accuraccy improved, and made 1 shot kill against non-armoured personell. It should'nt be M24 accurate (for game balance), but I should be able to hit somone my crosshairs are over.

DLWebmaestro96 : Around early High School (around 96) it WAS jewish as a negative, now replaced by gay.

unknownman_007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DLWebmaestro96
    So apparently not hiring military consultants can be added to the list of things that tells one's sexual orientation.

Any added words Doctor Phill?

JK JK!!

DLWebmaestro96 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741
    Yeah, why do so many people say "that is so g-a-y" I had to put the dashes because it will make them the word g ay into asterisks. I mean it offends people that are really g ay because it makes them feel mor different, people commit hate crimes on g ay peoples, in fact a lot of g ay people suicide. They're not bad, or evil, or breaking any laws, they're just different, they're just attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender, lay of saying that something is g ay, it makes whoever says that look like a teenager, cause since when i was in high school (like 6-7 years ago) everybody said, that is so g ay. They do that so much, don't be one of those immature teenagers.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Thanks Eddy.

DLWebmaestro96 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnifeAU
    DLWebmaestro96 : Around early High School (around 96) it WAS jewish as a negative, now replaced by gay.
    Just goes to show you how rampant hatred is in the world. '96 is the year I graduated HS, BTW.

PS - Your moniker isn't by change a reference to Mack The Knife the cadence, is it?

DLWebmaestro96 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unknownman_007
    Any added words Doctor Phill?

JK JK!!
    Yes... be sure to drink your Ovaltine!