Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Redink Guest

Re: Someone <Combat Knife> You. A little too frequently?

I usually meet mine around a corner >.<

Knifing in this game is, as mentioned, much more direct, I usually dont have a problem getting stabbed in the back like what usually happens in 2142, but here, I find myself constantly seeing my killer run at me and stab me in the chest, I can never help but to mutter a "fck" since I feel like an idiot.

I do though wonder how knife servers might play out in this game, hope to see some soon.

my clanmates and i like to knife each other. Lot's of fun when you think you are safe only to go WTF? Oh i just got knifed Knifing your opponent can be rewarding. Getting knifed can suck especially when you think you have the upper hand only to get the shank. Keeps you on your toes.

i've been knifed so much in MW2, BC2 feels like nothing.:laugh:

I would almost never get knifed in the face in 2142, and when I did it was usually by moose and his ninja dagger. In this game I often forget how stupid it is to use guns, well, ever and actually try to shoot people (BC2 - creating the First Person Stabber genre). What's amusing is I get knifed by enemies who are BACKING into me. I've been knifed by people who still have their guns out, and I've been knifed by people against whom I started knifing first; the guy was still shooting his gun when I press the stab animation, my guy stabs him in the head, then I instantly die to his knife. I've come to the conclusion that my soldier is a bit 'special' and is somehow stabbing himself while trying to stab an enemy. It's amusingly cathartic, if nothing else.

6. Re: Someone <Combat Knife> You. A little too frequently?

xD I don't get knifed, I knife them haha, it's really easy to just follow a player and then wait for the right moment. But if I get stabbed I usually try to get back at that person so we're even

First of all, I notice that you favourite class is Recon. You wouldnt happen to be a no-good camping sniper, who have to guts to complain about being stabbed in the back? Just asking.

Second: 95% of the stabbing I see happens in one of two scenarios.
    Either someone gets behind you and stab you in the back, in which case they could just as well have gotten 60 headshots on you. The knife is faster, quiet and saves ammo. But you will be dead anyway, and rightfully so.

Or you encounter someone at so close range that aim (and hitdetection) goes out the window. In that case the knife takes the place of melee. The keybind is even named so. That is nothing new to FPS, some games just have you use your riflebutt or whatever instead of a knife.

Knifing someone doesnt have the same bragging rights as in BF2142, but it fits perfectly with the flow of the game.

I've been discussing this issue with my clan for quite some time. We all agree it's an aimbot weapon. All you do is point in the general direction of the enemy, then magically lunge forward and hit him in the face. It's the same system as the 3 latest Call of Duty games.

I'm sure none of us want the Battlefield series to become the Call of Duty series. Call of duty is close quarters, intense infantry action, while the battlefield series has always been large map, multiple vehicle, team play oriented.

I'm not happy with the regenerating health system, or the blood on your face.

I'm just glad BF-BC2 had a bunch of little insults to Modern Warfare 2 in it's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shifty- View Post
    I've been discussing this issue with my clan for quite some time. We all agree it's an aimbot weapon. All you do is point in the general direction of the enemy, then magically lunge forward and hit him in the face. It's the same system as the 3 latest Call of Duty games.
    That is an exaggeration. I have no problem with people rushing me from afar and stabbing me, they die unless they catch me while reloading. MW2 on the other hand had the speed-knifers. No comparison at all

Only ******* use the knife imo. I'd rather have to respawn than get a cheap kill like that on someone. (: