Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ramm Guest
    lol...pathetic rule, you may want to make sure no one has juimp bound to their space bar either while you're at it...

What is your server IP? I just want to go in and mousewheel kill you all with my deagle...

2. Using the mouse wheel as the primary fire key for weapons designed for single shot fire (like the G3) in my opinion is pretty lame.

I have tested it on a closed server and although it gives you a little bit of an edge at killing with the G3 (or other single shot weapons) with a simulated burst mode the same is achievable by pressing the mouse button a little faster. All you really get is a little less movement in the weapon when using a mouse wheel, but you would only really want less movement in a medium to long range distance where single shot fire is more precise and more effective.

If a server admin wishes to check the players key binds then so they should, if they kick for people using the mouse as a bind then they get my support .

Sounds good. Hopefully make for a more enjoyable game on hardcore.

4. I bet the only ones complaining are the ones who use it.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillerjud View Post
    I bet the only ones complaining are the ones who use it.
    Probably. And whoever agrees with GrossKopf in this probably don't use the mouse wheel and dies from users that use do.

Sloi sauce Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
    I was wondering if there's a way to have my server detect what button is bound to fire, and if so, is there a way to kick players based on this. Maybe something in PB is able to do this?

I want to detect if someone has made their mouse wheel their fire key and kick for it.
    Tired of the G3 ownage? That might be the first step towards eliminating the use of scrollwheels and macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul2 View Post
    That is so lame. Why ban for keybinds? If players want to use the scroll up for shooting... then let them. If CoD4 put the ability to do that in the game then it should be legal...
    Because it's an exploit. It's in the gray area, like macros that simulate mouse clicks or key presses: until IW or server admins fix this, I won't shy from using an autoclicker, like many others do. When they start cracking down on the people who do it, I'll happily stop, as the field will have been evened out.

Note that I don't actually have a G3 custom kit configured at the moment. If I were to make a kit with the G3, however, it would be with the full intention of using an AHK.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mogul2 View Post
    That is so lame. Why ban for keybinds? If players want to use the scroll up for shooting... then let them. If CoD4 put the ability to do that in the game then it should be legal...
    I didn't want to BAN players for key binds. I just wanted to kick players that are exploiting by changing a semi-automatic to a fully automatic. Unfortunately, in the end, there is no way to do it. I just hope IW changes it so you can not bind fire to your mouse wheel.

Do me a favor guys. If you feel the need to discuss if this is right or wrong, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD. I am not here asking opinions and I could give a rat's *** if you disagree. I simply asked if it was possible. If you want to discuss if it's right or not, start your own ****ing thread. Don't hijack mine.

MODERATORS:

Can you please lock this thread? I got my answer. There is no way to detect and kick a player for using the mouse wheel to fire. This was confirmed by Even Balance. The closest I could come was logging what key was being used for fire, then looking through my PB logs.

I think that any further discussion will just be a bunch of ****ing trolls and won't contribute anything. Thank you.