Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lame Leagues

Abyss_of_Borg Guest

Re: Lame Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Night735
    EA/Dice did not intend for it to be that way, just like they did not intend the wall exploits. Are you going to say wall exploits are a good tactic aswell? Just because it can be done by anyone??
    Where are you trying to go with that? You are providing an argument that is way too general. So if I said I hated people who got headshots with a sniper rifle, I could call it an exploit and compare it to wall exploitation. How come if EA did not intent for it that way, they don't fix it? I've seen it done in mods. In PR you can't go from jumping to prone most of the time. Your telling me that what a mod team can do for free, a developer that does it for a living can't do? If they really wanted to fix it they could do a system like Day of Defeat Source. When moving while prone your gun is against your chest and you don't see it. When you jump your gun disappears to your side, so that way there would be no way to even fire your gun if it wasn't there.

On the subject of bunny hopping every game has it's form of bunny hopping or tactic whatever the hell you want to call it. In some games it's strafing side to side really fast. In some games it's using a combination of going to crouch or prone from standing so they'll be shooting at 3 different targets.

And another thing about bunny hopping. Obviously it's ok for competition, CAL didn't remove it in BF2 Pro. They allow it in the rules, and they don't allow wall exploits. Most people complain about every little ****ing thing in a game that lets people move. If prone wasn't domination, people would always complain about crouch. Ok if you want realism that's fine, I understand. But BF2 is not the game for that. But if you always complain about every little movement and want people to stand in a straight line, then that's pathetic and you must call hax in real life when something is out of your reach.

Also there are different levels of bunny hopping and dolphin diving. There's the one that people post youtube videos of and love to ***** about on this forum. That one is where people use macros and continually flop around the map, or the more common dive and prone. But then that raises the question of macros, should they be allowed? Some people say yes and some say no. But then just like comparing bunny hopping to wall exploits, you could compare it to a higher res monitor, better mouse, joystick, etc. People will have better hardware and equipment to play it on.

On counters of course there are counters for these. You can do it yourself. Or there are others. The shotgun is the most useless weapon to go prone or dive with. Even in leagues they don't with a shotgun. Sure the grenade launcher but that is more useful for camping support, a good dolphin diver is always on the move. But the GL is even more deadly in the hands of a dolphin diver, once there was this guy on this server I was playing on who would just hop around land on his feet and then use it. He would only use dolphin diving to avoid the heavy fire. But then again you might as well admit if you want to encounter it you might as well just use a SRAW because you get more splash damage. But then of course you are exploiting because EA/DICE did not intent for a rocket launcher to be used against infantry.

And on tea bagging. OMFG, just OMFG. Come on did you just get BF2? Is this your first online game? Like someone else said every game has way to taunt people and let them know they've been pwned. If you are sick of tea bagging there's a simple solution, it's called not dying. Heard of it?

oddANGRYshot Guest

I was introduced to POE2 last night, what a refreshing (and mature) change.
    The server I was on had 4 rules....
    1. Must join a squad in 90 seconds or get booted.
    2. Must follow SL & CO's commands.
    3. NO BUNNYHOPPING.
    4. Mature team players only.

What an enjoyable couple of rounds I played. The only diving I saw was players diving behind cover, no BHing, no nade or claymore spamming, no base raping, no tking, no a$$hats, all good, clean, enjoyable fun.... what the game was meant to be until EXPLOITERS ruined the game with their "If EA didnt want us to do it.... it wouldnt be in the game" Poor excuse..... I dont think these bhing/dd would do any good in POE because they would lack the skill to compete.

TMB Guest

Idle #crymore

oddANGRYshot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Touch my balls
    Idle #crymore
    Right?
    Couldnt have dribbled that better myself....WTF?

Abyss_of_Borg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oddANGRYshot
    I was introduced to POE2 last night, what a refreshing (and mature) change.
    The server I was on had 4 rules....
    1. Must join a squad in 90 seconds or get booted.
    2. Must follow SL & CO's commands.
    3. NO BUNNYHOPPING.
    4. Mature team players only.
    Those are all server rules just so you know. You are still allowed to bunnyhop and dolphin dive in POE2 CAL and TWL. Which I guess explains the difference between competitive league play and public play. Competition is doing whatever it takes to win, while public players want mostly fun.

EA either needs to let it be or fix it. Right now we have semi dolphin diving being locked down a little every patch.

Another thing I wanna add is dolphin diving is not the only effective tactic. Especially on POE2 maps. A person using tons of brush cover on Fallen could easily beat out any dolphin diver.

Well I guess some tactics like possibly dolphin diving do ruin the fun for some and I'll admit that. Same can be said for camping in Counter Strike. It's cheap because you don't have a respawn but it's accepted in league play. Just because a tactic might be considered cheap doesn't mean it's not a valid tactic.