Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Six. Guest

Re: troybobs gun collection

Quote Originally Posted by troybob
    i own a baseball bat. does that count?
    Are you good at baseball? and can you fend off a pack of ninjas with it? :laugh:

Cromat Guest

WTF thjose are real gunz?!

Are U a soldier or somethin*

Quote Originally Posted by Six.
    Are you good at baseball? and can you fend off a pack of ninjas with it? :laugh:
    no i hate baseball. And I don't need a bat to fend off ninjas. I got really smelly gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromat
    WTF thjose are real gunz?!

Are U a soldier or somethin*
    yes they're real. no i'm not a soldier

US citizens are allowed to purchase guns (they are not fully automatic. You must pull the trigger each time you want to fire a shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Six.
    Right on... I think a lot of arts and range of movement that are centered and grounded from the body and mind are really losing out to technology. Guns are becoming more and more efficient and effective, while the body no longer does the work once needed to apply reasonable or perhaps deadly force to incapacitate. The body and mind is slowly lacking strength and foundation.

I prefer means that need no ammunition. And preferrably blunt ones (I don't like cutting and dismembering things).
    definently agree with ya there, it seems no one is interested in martial arts as a viable mean of self defense, though I admit being faced down by an armada of gun wielding assalents certainly puts me at a disadvantage it certainly doesnt ensure my demise....

Its all about mind set really, if you want to survive you can, if you believe you can. My personal theory is that who are these guys, who Ive never met trying to take MY life, I mean its MY life, who gave them the rights to take it away, only I decide when Im going to die, not you not god not anyone else.

As for my prefered art, I prefer chinese wushu mixed with japanese swordsmanship, Im an active practitioner in both Changquan and Iaido and will use both means to ensure my safety in whatever the situation...

Now look what youve done lol, Ive gone on rambling.....

imported_G-Capo Guest

US citizens are allowed to purchase guns (they are not fully automatic. You must pull the trigger each time you want to fire a shot).
    Class III license .Can buy full auto my buddy has a Class III license he had to pay a whole bunch of money and go down to the Police station fill out paper work get his picture taken an prints and alot of other nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Capo
    Class III license .Can buy full auto my buddy has a Class III license he had to pay a whole bunch of money and go down to the Police station fill out paper work get his picture taken an prints and alot of other nuisances.
    it may sound silly since i posted my guns on a forum, but I'd rather not let the government think that i have full-auto weapons

though I've often thought about it. Perhaps in time. Still just starting a small collection. I need a shotgun and a long-range rifle to finish it.

I'd rather get the collection, then if I have some expendable money ('dem licenses aint cheap) I may go for it. I can always convert the vepr and bushmaster to full auto.

Speaking of which - is there a .22 full auto rifle? If I ever get a class III I bet my GF would love that.

Here's a pic of my gf with the baby eagle (i know she's standing wrong - but I let her do a magazine the way she wanted to for her first time). I give her a lot of sh*t about the picture because her face looks flat below her nose because of the grimace. Reminds me of simon (was it simon?) on muppets.

As you can see, instead of pulling her arms up to lean into it, she kept the gun at boob-level and just leaned back. I think she didn't like to lift the gun too high because it was "heavy". Oh and don't even get me started on where her feet is. I thought it was better to have her get a few rounds off in a comfy position before making her stand right.

Besides - posture really isn't that important for a beginner with no ambition to shoot as a hobby.

She loves it now.

ebag Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EC-Paulus-
    Everything is legal in Arizona.

FireWorks are not legal, but i wish they are legal

sassback Guest

Speaking of which - is there a .22 full auto rifle? .
    yes there is a conversion kit for ar15s. see for yourself: http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-pg.htm
    imo full autos are alot of fun but not fun enough to spend $5,000+ (not including the class 3 papers and the stamps).

Quote Originally Posted by ebag
    FireWorks are not legal, but i wish they are legal
    OOooOoOooOoo - good point dude.

They're not even legal on the reservation are they?

Interesting because a bullet is nothing more than a metal firework with a slug (and no fuse)

Quote Originally Posted by sassback
    yes there is a conversion kit for ar15s.
    thanks for the answer. The question is, the automatic nature of a converted AR-15 is in the safety and I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) in the bolt mechanism.

Will the conversions support that?

I've seen conversions for almost any gun out there (especially pistols, as those barrels are easy to change) but never really considered it because i have a .22 carbine. (the wood stocked gun.)

EDUCATIONAL CONTENT FOLLOWS FOR NON-GUN OWNERS

For those "not in the know", .22 is nice because its like 8 bucks for 500 rounds. For the top gun (the green busmaster - .223), 500 rounds is around 80 dollars. Thus conversions kits are pretty popular because you can use your mean-looking gun with itty-bitty bullets.

Easily seen, the .223 is only slightly larger (diameter) than a .22. The difference is the powder-charge. See the difference? Bullets are the same diameter (width in the picture i guess you could say), but we stick a lot more explosive behind it. Peirces things nice.

That's just for the folks who are seeing the gun-ownership from the outside. Shooting is expensive.

Tombstone Guest

your gf is a cutie pie

edit*

where are the saftey glasses and hearing protection?