• 0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SHFT_nismo Guest

Re: wat part of the military are u in/ want to join/would join

why do people underestimate the Coast Guard

Quote Originally Posted by $kelet0r
    lol where's the option for none
    it's a little disturbing imo when 13 year old children (M-249 jblankster par example) are considering joining the military, there is just something very wrong with that but that's just me

ummm im 15 fy ****in i and i never said that i was going 2 join and i probbly wont so **** you

Quote Originally Posted by SHFT_nismo
    why do people underestimate the Coast Guard

coast guard is pimp

SHFT_nismo Guest

im not voting, due to the USCG not being mentioned. there in iraq to helping, and patroling our waters to catch smugglers and potential terrorists trying to get in the country.

be a chopper pilot. u drive i gun and chodda and mettalica guitarist in the other chopper and then we will patrol the seas =D

Breitheamh Guest

Deffinately the Airforce, my father was in it and he says if i want that type of career then the USAF is the way to go. My grand fther was in the navy i believe, and my fathers cousin served in the USMC, he enlisted when he was either my age (16) or 17, he lied about his age, i think it was during the korean war, not sure.

Edit: My dads cousin went to fight in korea during the korean war when he was 15, server for 2 years before he was sent home when they found out he was too young, then when he turned 18 he server another 4or6 years, again in korea

Mabes[31stMEU] Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-249 jblankster
    ummm im 15 fy ****in i and i never said that i was going 2 join and i probbly wont so **** you
    You may be 15, but when you make comments like that, it shows what an immature little child you still are.

Anyway, to get back on topic,

From all my experiences as a military "brat", if I was going to join anything, it would most likely be the US Air Force, either working in a Comm (Communications) Squadron or one of the Maintance squadrons (probably AMXS, Aircraft Maintance Squadron) like my dad.

I also considered the army, but the Air Force definitely has it better (atleast better housing and living conditions).

I've spent the past 14 years of my life overseas (10 years in Europe and 4 in Japan), I was 4 years old when we left from Langley AFB, Virginia. And during all my time overseas, I have been to plenty of bases (Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps). And I sure as hell wouldn't trade any of those experiences for anything.

That all being said, I don't have any plans on joining the military, despite how long its been a part of my life (incase you haven't caught on yet, that would be all my life).

My "References:"

My dad has 36 years in the US Air Force, 15 years as enlisted (with two tours in Guam, working on B-52s during Vietnam) and 21 years as an officer. During all those years, he's always been a part of Aircraft Maintance, going from actually being on the flightline working on the planes to managing all the airman in the maintance group.

My brother has 3 1/2 years in the US Army, 3 years enlisted (got to be a NonCom - E4) and starting on his first year as an officer. He's an "eleven bang-bang," which is army infantry, and will probably be serving a tour here shortly in Afganistan.

SHFT_nismo Guest

my dads been in the military for 26 years. 6 in the Army and 20 in the USCG.
    while in the coast guard he used to drive some of the boats

and

but he has moved to behind a desk job. and is now apart of the law enforcement of the uscg. and goes to test what weapons the uscg needs to aquire. He gets to shoot rifles,pistols,tazers.

but one week he had to go to a class to test the tazers, and they had to zap him with the tazer for 5 seconds, (the one that shoots the pins). and he said it absolutely sucks

BUT USCG FTW,

9thAF_Mako Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-249 jblankster
    wat path did u take?

o and do u need apilots licnese 2 join the airforce or can u have n flying experience watsoever?

no license needed. I would reccomend to anyone who is interested in joining the airforce to go to their website and go to a online chat room and ask your questions. I spent a good hour in there and they were a big help, really nice too.

But My hopes of flying one day might be shattered b/c I am 75 inches tall, and the height limit is 77 inches.

link to the airforce site: http://www.airforce.com/

one question I had to ask was, If i make it past the training and get assigned to be a pilot (they base what you are going to be off of a 5 hour test) which aircraft am I going to fly? well they said it was the commanding officers choice, it is based on where you are needed, so for everyone who wants to fly the 22 i highley doubt you will be able too.

so u pretty much dont get to pick well now im leanin towards army/marines...

or can u like say wat u want or and u get assigned or wat exactly?

AirRaidSiren Guest

I'm leaving for Army BCT in 9 days. Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri AKA Fort Lost-in-the-woods, Misery. Great.

My M.O.S. is 21B, Combat Engineer. As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think I'm in for a slight reality check.