Close

Thread: EA support

beaky65 Guest

EA support

I havent found anyone to provide an answer on connection lost issues. Everyone seems to have a different opinion. BF2 is unplayable for me now but I am sending in emails to EA support and it is always the same canned answer - open up your ports! Well my ports are open and I never had a problem conencting or playing for 9 months but now I do. Pathetic. When is a new patch coming out to fix this? If not soon I will be asking for my money back as this game does not work.

Eden Guest

Re: EA support

EA's support is non-existent, they don't actually have any trained support people they simple look up the answers in a "book of answers"

Apart from trying to reinstall the game its likely that it just wont work. What exactly is the problem your having?

beaky65 Guest

The issue is "lost connection". I cant stay on a server for more than a minute. So far I have tried defrag and reinstalling patch 1.3 which I downloaded from a different site. I am thinking of reinstalling the game completely. Any ideas. I played the game fine for 9 months and then randomly after patch 1.3 i cant keep the connection. ISP confirmed there are no issues with me.

Eden Guest

Ah, try downloading pbsetup (punkbuster update utility) and manualy update PB that may solve the problem I know it seams to have worked for me yesterday as I was recently having some connection issues.

http://www.punkbuster.com/pbsetup.php

Akula(old) Guest

beaky65 Guest

Thanks for this - Iwill try it. I do think I have isoltated the issue - my router! I turned it off and plugged the PC direct top the cable modem and it works - a little laggy but not bad. The wierdest thing is that after I put in the router the game worked just fine for a few weeks. Hopefully the punkbuster idea will also improve the performance. Cheers