Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Harmor Guest

Do you TK friendly engineers coming to help you repair?

So I just died. Noticed that our artillery has been destroyed, so I go and spawn as engineer and start repairing it.

Another friendly comes over and TK's me, picks up my kit and starts repairing the artillery.

Didn't think much of it.

Another round I again spawn as engineer to repair our artillery and there's a guy already repairing it. I pull out my wrench to repair and he TK's me (another guy). He picks up my kit and continues to repair. I spawn again as engineer and he TK's me again!!!

Are engineers so hard up for repair points that they'll TK? Or are these guys just smacktards?

Oxy Guest

Re: Do you TK friendly engineers coming to help you repair?

probably after the repair badge

DemonOfhatred Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Harmor
    Are engineers so hard up for repair points that they'll TK? Or are these guys just smacktards?
    Probably a little of both. I haven't seen this happen before, but I wouldn't doubt it takes place from time to time.

The most i've done is nade a supply box on arty/scanner/uav trailer so I could get the repair point I wanted.

Fakesound Guest

Yeah that's pretty weird.. I generally don't care for repair points anymore and more for the fact I want my UAV or Arty back as soon as possible. More the merryr at repairing

[M_Metcalf] Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Harmor
    Another friendly comes over and TK's me, picks up my kit and starts repairing the artillery.
    For the 1+ years I've played, mostly as an engy, I've had this happen to me twice. So overall, I'd say you caught a bad server or a couple of bad seeds...

Nanufox74 Guest

I used to play engineer all the time. Never happened to me before.

Angelsoul Guest

Played on Sharqui last night, was about to take a flag and one from my team came over to me and tk'ed. Of course he got killed by arty a couple of secs later.

So whats going on in their heads, these kinds of ppl who tk so they get the credit?

But never experienced one killing you for helping your team out. Oh wait I did last night LoL. But never with the engineer thingy.

Jaster Guest

I nearly tk'd a support guy yesterday like, because he was on a fixed mg and doing absolutley nothing and I'd asked him to give me ammo 7 times over about 5 minutes, but he still stood there scanning the opposing flag (which was the palace on Warlord and both were ours so there weren't going to be any targets there anyway) so its not like he was afk cos he was moving.

I never though, and it would have only been out of frustration if I did, and not for the points.

coco Guest

Ok firstly i am going to represent the engineer class on this matter, check my sig for engineer global position.

We dont repair for the points, we repair to keep the armour in the "hot zone".
    If we keep the armor alive and dont get any repair points THEN ITS JOB DONE !

What ****es us engineers off is when a sniper/AT is driving the tank and shouting for repairs, but they take no cover and just sit in the middle of the street waiting,

PLEASE TAKE COVER AND CALL FOR REPAIRS, WHEN I ARRIVE REMAIN STILL AND BE AWARE OF MY POSITION (external camera helps).

Engineers stop armour, that wins games on Karkand, DONT KNOCK US AS WE GOT ARSE RAPED BY DICE WITH REPAIR POINTS AS IT IS!

Consultant01 Guest

Prolly out for repair points, I tried to get my BASIC repair badge last night and came up short on 5 different maps... I tried the "Follow the armor in a transport and repair on the fly" method... got 4 repair points.

Tried the "Hang back with the commander and repair the assets" method, got TKd twice and 4 repair points...

I wonder if we blow up our own assets and repair them if we get repair points... hmm..