Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Redink Guest

Maps I'd like to see less and more.

A lot of people around here might not totally agree with me on this but please BF3, do not put more than 1 snow map in. I really love the Antarctica look and feel but it's super annoying after awhile with all the whiteness everywhere, it can be hard on the eyes.

Also I hope there to be more city and urban map, nothing I like more than crawling through walls and busting down doors screaming "take that!" or "yeah! you like that?!".

I also understand that the desert plays a big role in todays modern combat but it can be view just like the snow stages except full or yellowness this time. It gets super annoying.

Maps with open wide field is also kinda lame, it's no wonder people back in BF2 avoid maps like Zaratar(I think that's what its called) wetlands. You walk or drive to your destination only to be bombed or shot at by jets and heli just before reaching your destination than restarting all the way back to wait for a vehicle or aircraft to spawn.

I would also like to see more maps like Shanghua Stalemate. It's misty and shrouded wooded area makes it fun to run through the area like ninjas!(I know it's a lame reason but just try to imagine it)

Re: Maps I'd like to see less and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Redink View Post
    A lot of people around here might not totally agree with me on this but please BF3, do not put more than 1 snow map in. I really love the Antarctica look and feel but it's super annoying after awhile with all the whiteness everywhere, it can be hard on the eyes.
    Desert maps has the same problem, bloom can make then almost unplayable.
    They would be fine if the developers could resist the urge to play with the fancy effects.

Redink Guest

Haha you hit the spot with that comic strip. I always feel like that all the time.

Since they can make dusty sand storm and blizzering cold, why don't they make a rainy and stormy.

That would bring a whole new dimension to the game.
    If you could add the wheather dimension as an actual aspect of a map it would be awesome. Just think of a desert map with tanks driving as fast as they can by the cover of a sand storm to avoid detection from helo´s and jets. Or what about the sun. From bright daylight to dusk or even the darkest of nights.

The light part would be the easiest as that would not effect the physics of the game. But wheather would prove a bit more difficult. Not only would the game have to calculate for bulletdrop but also for the wind. Then it would really be hard for the snipers.

5. Re: Maps I'd like to see less and more.

Zatar Wetlands is no worse than Shongua Stalemate, it's because there was op attack choppers/planes on Zatar that the map was annoying but the design of the map is ok (Zatar in Project Reality was really good).

And yep the weather dimension could be awesome and add a lot of replayability. I needs to be scripted though, or it could screw the gamedesign of a map.

6. Re: Maps I'd like to see less and more.

Fortunatly, Red, I think we are going to see more close quarters and be fighting in other places than the desert. Metro is in gay Paris (Pronounce Paris as paree) and has tons of color, as you can see in the leaked alpha footage.

I dont know about breaking down doors though. Im sure we will have some.

Crunch

7. Re: Maps I'd like to see less and more.

Gay Paris? Why is that?

MW2 had a rain map. So it's doable. I don't know to the extent that you're talking about though.

EA Sports already does a pretty good job of adding weather physics to their games. So applying those concepts and tools to Frostbite 2.0 should be doable (I would think..)

Shanghua Stalemate was a great map, would love to see more maps like this. A amp I would really love to play would be Kubra Dam, one of my favorite map off all time.

Kubra Dam was an awesome map. It was also one of the few maps with the F15E.

I want to see a nice variety of maps. Some urban maps and some wide open maps. Some night maps (good night maps, not Nelson Bay), some rainy maps, etc. It would be cool if they made a map that was really wide open and then put an urban area right in the middle or something similar. A real urban area, like Arica Harbor's, not the little town things on Atacama.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043