Close

Thread: Lan issues...

DKP-Orkan Guest

Lan issues...

Trying to connect more than 2 computers in a lan environment is not possible under co-op.

when the third joins, it kicks both 2 and 3 off.

Re: Lan issues...

Have you tried going offline, so it can't connect to DemonWare?

DKP-Orkan Guest

How do I do that?

I host a lan or online co-op on my system. One other computer can join, and 2 other online people can join, but as soon as another computer from the lan joins it kicks all lan players off.

When I posted I thought you were using only 1 CD-Key, and the online authorization was kicking you off, but after reading your other thread it seems like that shouldn't be an issue with 7 different games.

Making an offline profile may not fix your problem, but if you've exhausted the alternatives, here's how you do it:

Go to C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Activision\players\p rofiles\ for Vista. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles\ for XP.

You should see a .txt file called active.txt (or something similar) and folder(s) with the name of your profile(s) that you created in-game.

Create a new folder called testprofile (any name will work). Copy everything inside the old profile folder to the new testprofile folder. (mpdata, config.cfg, mp_config.cfg, etc.)

Now edit active.txt to say testprofile instead of your old profile name.

When you run CoD, you should automatically log in with testprofile. It will say "Offline testprofile" in the upper right corner.

I have not done this myself in retail, but it worked perfectly in the beta.