Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shamus Guest

Re: How do I lower my ping?

Plug a CAT 5 cable into the back of your Wireless Router and the other end into your PC. They make long cables too.

glasseye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish445
    Ok, thanks guys but is there anything I can do with the situation I have now being wireless?
    sorry nope. wireless is teh crapzors for gaming of all types. (chess doesnt count)
    if by wireless you mean a wireless router, you could jam in a cable.

Deathwish445 Guest

Oh you are a funny one DLwebmaostro, wearing a colander :laugh:

DLWebmaestro96 Guest

Oh you are a funny one DLwebmaostro, wearing a colander :laugh:
    Hey... don't knock it 'til you try it.

rombaft Guest

Sorry guys, but I have also a wireless connection, and on 80% of the european servers (live in belgium) my ping is 20 to 60, when playing on a server I am most of the time in the top three when it comes to having a low ping.

Download rate is about 800Kb/s fronm a good server, wireless can be very fast but you need a good router.

About lowering the ping, actualy is the same thing as having a good connection and the connection may not be shared with other applications.

Most important thing is to keep your PC as clean as possible, update your virusscan as much as needed, same for anti spywere and stuff like that, because when a virus, spyware, .... is located on your pc and active , this will use your connection!!!!!!!

Other applications you installed yourself, well of those you should know if they use bandswitch or not, if they do, turn them of when playing.

application who don't use bandswitch, they do nothing about your ping, shutting them down will not lower your ping, only reason to shut them down when playing is to have more CPU power and RAM left for gaming itself

glasseye Guest

nobody said you cant get good b/w on wireless. its just the way it operates that makes it crap for gaming. if it works for you, thats great. you are the exception though.

Nemesis721 Guest

Yea, I ahve a router as well and I usually get around 50 to 70 ping wise on most servers, I have a commerical router in my house but the http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...=0&dcaid=15890
    is pretty good

8. Re: How do I lower my ping?

in the options turn off the dynamic shadows. who needs them? having them off alows you to see alot clearer

Bkelso8 Guest

Ok, thanks guys but is there anything I can do with the situation I have now being wireless?

Play Myst.

glasseye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by (BG)patton
    in the options turn off the dynamic shadows. who needs them? having them off alows you to see alot clearer
    wrong. just wrong. in every possible way.