Close

Eagle101 Guest

My User Review of Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway PC

Game: Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

Release Date UK: 10Oct. 2008 PC

Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC.

Rating: 9/10

This is the third game in the BiA series, and yet it still lives up to it's name. This game continues where Sergeant Matt Baker, and Sergeant Joe "Red" Hartsock left off in Earned in Blood.

In Hells Highway you will assume the role of Sergeant Baker, as you progress through the game a lot of things will uncover and secrets will be told. I am not going to spoil it though.

The story of the game is just riveting, its what not many games posses, Hells Highways has a unique touch with its cinematics'. It is more of a movie than a game, as if you were starring in the game. I personally felt that i was actually in the shoes of Sergeant Baker, and it did feel like 1944.

Graphics, the graphics of the game is what makes it look so real. In the first mission after the prologue, you are walking in a field, the floor is simply amazing, as i vaulted from the sandbags and faced down at the floor, it looked rather photo realistic to me.

Mind you, you do NOT have to have "one hell of a rig" to run this. I ran BiA:HH on my laptop specs which are:

Processor: T7500 2.2ghz C2D

Graphics: Nvidia 8600M GT 512MB DDR2

RAM: 3GB DDR2

Resolution Screen: 1280X800

Truth be told the game ran with out lag and flawlessly on my laptop.

Game play, although not very different from the previous titles, it still delivers a heck of a punch! From the muzzle flash of your gun to the bullet riddled Nazis the game play is brilliant. The cross hairs interact with your movement, for it to be dead accurate you will need to stand still or crouch. The head shots in the game are simply inescapable, you will want to head shot every enemy you see, as the aftermath is just great.

Cover system, you will see the screen turning red when you come to take a lot of fire! So always use cover! Some cover are collapsible, such as wood, you would not want to be taking cover behind wooden structures for too long otherwise your cover will be no more and so will you!

Supplies, the weapons in the game all have their pros and cons, my personal favorite in the accuracy category for a primary and secondary gun would be the German K98 standard rifle, and the STG44 assault rifle. In the spray gun side, it would have to be the Tommy gun (yes you do get a 50 round SMG in the game) and the M1Garand.

As you walk through the maps in the mission you will find certain air drops that can replenish your ammo, as well as if you are carrying an enemy weapon you can regain ammo by simply walking over a dead enemy. And you are able to pick up weapons of dead foes, as well as manning the MG42s of a gun crew that you may have killed.

All in all, the game packs a solid punch in the SP aspect. The campaign really captures the player. The MP is where it lost a point in my rating as many other reviews had said, the MP is empty, buggy and lagging. But hopefully that will be fixed by an upcoming patch.

In the end of the game, it is hinted to the player that there might be a Brothers in Arms 4!!!

RATING 9/10 "SUH-WEEEEEEET"

Re: My User Review of Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway PC

online is just horrible they should have just left it out instead of outsourcing it to Rockstar UK North

Eagle101 Guest

^ Is that why there is a 'R' icon on the helmets of the 101st??? lol.

[GCA]Tim270 Guest

The cover just became so monotonous to me, sure games where you just run and gun can be boring but so is crouching behind every little object on the map.

Vash2051 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
    The cover just became so monotonous to me, sure games where you just run and gun can be boring but so is crouching behind every little object on the map.
    I know! It sucks actually having to use your brain slightly! Having to actually employ the slightest form of tactics is a turn off to a lot of players just wanting to pick up a game and go. But for those of us that want a somewhat "deeper" experience I think it does the job well.

[GCA]Tim270 Guest

Hardly takes any brain power to press q, shoot a few bullets run forwards and repeat over and over. MoH:AB cover was a lot better imo, made it able for the user to really utilize the terrain/objects but it still retained a 'free' feel to it, not like your 'locking' into it like in BiA.

Eagle101 Guest

I agree with you guys in some aspect. The cover system in BiA does get kinda frustrating as you might wanna charge like an angry Russian an the enemy, especially after what those gerries turds did to Frankie and his girl.