Close

Thread: need help

namvet70 Guest

need help

I have been trading emails with EA support for 10 days now and am getting nowhere. They seem to completely ignore my problems and write something from a script.

I played on the last Beta servers and when the patch came out, could not play on regular servers. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the original BF2142 download from 2006. When I go the EA Download manager, it only shows a play icon and not a download icon. I tried to just buy the game again, and it said OOPs you already bought this, so we will not charge you, but charged me $ 50.13 thru PayPal anyway. I bought another copy of BF2142 at EB Games this past weekend for $ 19.

Any help with my situation or dealing with EA "support" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Larry

25th Infantry Division
    Vietnam and Cambodia

namvet70 Guest

Re: need help

I finally got some help from a live person. I had to call the company headquarters in Redwood City, California, and they were very helpful.

As a disabled veteran, it doesn't take much to get me upset.

Larry

wardogHk Guest

Yeah, EA support via internet is real BS. Good to know every thing worked out for you.

namvet70 Guest

The key to the whole thing was I didn't know I had to do a complete uninstall to be able to download again thru Ea Download Manager. The folks reading the scripts didn't mention that.

Larry

5. Re: need help

I had the same problem a while back, actually I still do. Lol. I havent been able to get my BF2 expansion packs becuase of the same crap. So your saying I need to uninstall the ea loader then reinstall it? Not that I have played BF2 in a while but its not to say I won't.