Changelog for Team Fortress 2 beta for February 27, 2013
- Sound cache for official shipping content now updated with the game, clients no longer need to compute it
- Misc audio system optimizations
- VPK structure changes. Deleted "models" and "materials", added "textures".
- Reordered files in VPK's to optimize load times by limiting disk seeking.
- Dedicated server: removed textures and sounds from dedicated server distribution. Installation size reduced by approx 7.5GB
- Synced with TF release
Please note that, as a result of the VPK reordering, this update will be a large download. The server download is approximately 500MB. The client download is approx 2GB.
You can hop into the TF Beta yourself through your Steam client, or simply wait it out for the update to leave beta later on down the road. If you do test, be sure to report bugs where appropriate!