A few details on the game can be found below.
[indent]- Free to play online collectible card game.
- Opt in to beta in your Battle.net account management!
- Beta begins this summer, with release this year.
- Playable on PC, Mac, and iPad.
- The game will be easy to pick up, but have a good amount of depth and complexity.
- The board is 3D, with lots of animations to make gameplay more exciting.
- There will be over 300 cards with the initial launch
- You can purchase more card packs for roughly $1 per five cards, or slowly earn them through gameplay.
- There will be Basic and Expert cards, with Expert cards being broken down into categories like Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary.
- You’re guaranteed to receive at least one card of rare or better quality per pack.
- Each card in the pack also has a chance to upgrade to a “Golden” version of the same card.
- Disenchant cards that you don't want to receive dust, which is used to craft new cards.
- There is a deck builder, which can build decks for you, or you can build your own.
- The game will be a 1v1 game using Battle.net matchmaking.
- Playing will allow you to earn medals every week.
- You can also play against AI at different levels of difficulty.
- Any purchases you made during the beta will be credited back to you in the form of new, unopened card packs at launch.
You can sign up for a chance at the beta at the Hearthstone website. And just for the hell of it, here's another look at the game.