PDA

View Full Version : Mafia III PC Locked to 30FPS at Launch

Shawn Zipay
10-06-2016, 07:17 PM
An update (https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/) from the developers at Hangar 13 paint a bit of a sad picture for the PC release of Mafia III on the eve of its launch. The team says that the game is currently locked to 30FPS due to parity with the console versions. Ah parity, we meet again.

We know how important having options that best suit your PCís performance capabilities are. The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia IIIís performance is consistent across all platforms, and right now the game runs at a solid 30 frames-per-second. We are currently working on an update for PC that will give players the option to play Mafia III at higher framerates. Weíll share more details about the update, and when you can expect it to arrive, very soon. In the meantime, the team welcomes feedback and would like to hear from you about what performance adjustment options are important to you. Weíre actively considering a number of additional post-launch improvements on PC that would give players more control over how they can tailor the gameís experience to suit their rigís performance. Itís been an incredible journey developing Mafia III and we couldnít be more excited to get the game in your hands and hear what you think!

So yes, while the game will launch with a 30FPS lock, it sounds like the team is working on an update that will allow for higher framerates. Why this was not included prior to release is really anybody's guess.

cikame
10-07-2016, 05:58 AM
"Optimized for 30" reads as "Didn't optimize it" to me.

CptainCrunch
10-07-2016, 09:46 AM
This is another game with too much hype on it.

I don't understand why so many people are just crazy excited for this game. I played the second one and thought it was a bit lacking.

jimykx
10-07-2016, 04:45 PM
I think both the second and this game are living on the shadow of the first game

CptainCrunch
10-09-2016, 01:03 PM
I think both the second and this game are living on the shadow of the first game

That could be. I never played the first one and it has some good reviews from back then, when reviews meant a little something.

jimykx
10-10-2016, 05:13 PM
The second game was quite good IMHO, but a lot of people complained about it, and I think the reviews didnt fair too well at time of release. I really enjoyed it as a big fan of the first game. Mafia 3 since the announcement didn't interest me too much simply because of the setting (and the more silly/unrealistic game feeling). Mafia usually was a very realistic-style RPG, with you having to put gas on your vehicles, and police coming after you for a ticket if you would pass a red light.
Now it appears to be more like Saints Row(which I dislike).

really ridiculous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0