PDA

View Full Version : EA's E3 Press Conference 'Live' Stream

Shawn Zipay
06-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Keep it here for the latest from EA, including news about Battlefield 4, new EA Sports titles, Dragon Age 3, and more. We will be updating this, so be sure to keep checking back!

3:52PM - Getting this set up a bit early so that I'm ready for when this begins.

4:01PM - Lots of dubstep.

Peter Moore takes the stage.

Show to focus on PS4 and Xbox One.

11 games to be shown during this event.

4:03PM - Oh FFS...

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.

It's a shooter based on the PvZ IP. It's a third-person action title from PopCap. You read that right.

Coming to Xbox One first and then Xbox 360.

Showing off a look at the 4-player coop survival mode.

Can plan other plants as a walking plant. Tower defense style gameplay that you're actively participating in. The Sunflower is the healer class of the group.

"Boss wave" consists of a Disco Zombie from the original game.

Next up is The Gargantuar, a giant zombie that looks like a proper boss.

They called in a "garlic drone" to shoot down from the sky. They called in an air strike to finish the boss off.

4:10PM - Peggle 2 was announced and coming this year.

4:11PM - More Titanfall from Respawn Entertainment.

Slightly different look at Titanfall. This one is more of a behind the scenes look compared to the earlier reveal.

4:13PM - I'm actually excited for Peggle 2. Not much to say about Titanfall behind the scenes stuff right now, so it gave me a chance to gush about how much I'm looking forward to Peggle 2.

4:13PM - They need to learn to turn off their mics when not on stage talking to the audience.

... Still more Titanfall.

4:14PM - "Gaming will never be the same again!" ... Until the next console release cycle. Or, you know, if you paid attention to the PC market a bit more.

4:15PM - Showing off the Ignite Engine and Frostbite 3 engines today.

4:16PM - STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!?! OH FUCK!

4:17PM - New Need for Speed game... Need for Speed: Rivals

TURN OFF THE BACKSTAGE MICS!

Need for Speed Rivals demo. Starts each race as single player but once the two get close enough the games merge into a multiplayer police chase.

This is... really fucking cool actually.

4:22PM - Need for Speed movie... Well I'm sure this will be great and not at all suck horribly.

4:23PM - Vast open world for Dragon Age 3.

First look at Dragon Age: Inquisition. Launching Fall 2014.

4:26PM - It's sports time for EA.

I'm guessing they'll hold BF4 for the very end. Of course.

Anyway, Andrew Wilson is talking up Ignite Engine for EA Sports, Xbox One and PS4 sports games.

NBA Live 14 first shown off.

Zzzzz... (I hate basketball, why do you ask?)

4:29PM - HOOOOOO boy, more basketball talk.

"Bounce Tech", the ball actually has physics now. Revolutionary. The ball is no longer tied to the hand, lets you be "creative" and express yourself. Uhm, alright.

Oh sorry, it's "Bounctek" with a K.

Live updates within the HOUR after it happens in real life. Not bad.

Visually, it looks good. But it's still basketball.

4:32PM - SIDEJACK! Hideo Kojima says (https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/344181172030554112) that the short and LONG versions of the MGS5 trailer will be uploaded at 3AM Japan time (WTF IS THAT IN EST?!). There's a long version?! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US, KOJIMA?!

4:33PM - Madden.

4:35PM - New Madden trailer.

4:36PM - Soccer. FIFA Soccer 14 or FIFA 14 if you prefer.

Haha, Drake is on stage to talk about soccer.

4:39PM - A bunch of words to say "it looks good and plays better than before, also there's some better AI here, enjoy."

Fully playable version of FIFA at E3.

4:41PM - EA Sports UFC stuff.

Meatheads talking about how everyone loves fighting.

Hahaha.... no... Just no.

4:47PM - DICE! Yay, Battlefield 4 finally!

COMMANDER MODE IS BACK!

Multiplayer demo on map called Siege of Shanghai

64-players!

Watch the live stream from Battlefield.com all this week!

Take out support pillars to bring down roofs on enemies!

Attack boats, jet skis, skyscrapers you can actually enter, tons of interior destruction....

Commander called in some artillery to take out enemies on the ground outside the skyscraper.

HOLY SHIT!! The massive skyscraper they were just on top of just came tumbling down! WOW!

4:56PM - HOLY ... Mirror's Edge 2!!

It will be released "when it's ready."

K-16
06-10-2013, 05:12 PM
That awkward jump when announcing Peggle 2 ruined the strong start they had. I seriously wonder what kind of E3 audience is out there...? Are they weird aliens who believe in scripted enthusiasm and stereotypes of gamers?

Also Zips, it's "bounceTek" case-sensitive. I do not know why they had to label that, nor do I understand why they consider dribbling as an art. I can hear the rest of the NBA laughing.

And 3 AM June 12 JST is 1 PM June 11 in EST.

Damn it EA. You exceeded our expectations... Damn it... We have to compliment you now. Consumerist polls might be different next time.

And... Welcome back Faith... I... *voice shaking choking on tears* I missed you. We have a lot of catching up to do, with the Oculus Rift of course. Also, nice new black top. Looks cooler on you than that generic tank top.

Shawn Zipay
06-10-2013, 05:58 PM
HOLY SHIT THAT BF4 AND MIRROR'S EDGE 2 REVEAL!

HOLY... SHIT

jimykx
06-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I JUST HOPE THAT'S NOT THE ONLY BUILDING THAT FALLS

stilla-killa
06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
BF4 multiplayer looked awesome.

Shawn Zipay
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I really hope it's not like the tower in Caspian that falls only at the end of the round.

Shawn Zipay
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
LOL...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8ab163f93ce4da4c03488c1238f7a1a3/tumblr_mo72gh2X571qfodnoo1_400.gif

Anarchy1
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
HOLY SHIT DID YOU GUYS FUCKING SEE THAT

It was cool