PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Will Not Hold an E3 Press Conference This Year

Shawn Zipay
04-25-2013, 12:25 AM
A common staple of E3 events every year are the pre-E3 press conferences that the big three hold. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are the staples of pre-E3 festivities that tons of gaming fanatics look forward to every year. This year, however, everything is about to change.

Nintendo will not hold a pre-E3 press conference. I repeat that Nintendo will not hold a pre-E3 2013 press conference. Instead, the company will hold smaller, private events for the media and distributors. At E3 it will only be showing off software to the event goers. This follows their recent Nintendo Direct event where they showed off a few new and classic titles.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Is the world ending? Are there cats and dogs living together? WHAT IS GOING ON?! ANSWER ME!

Oh, perhaps they realize that both Sony and Microsoft would overshadow them at the event with their new console discussions. That makes sense.

(via The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/24/4263810/no-nintendo-e3-press-conference))

CptainCrunch
04-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I dont know what to think. Nintendo yesterday reported some good earnings besides the fact that the Wii U has very few titles.

I personally feel Nintendo has nothing to show or say at E3. They are a dried up husk.

cikame
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah, imagine showing off your WiiU next to what Playstation are promising, especially with Xbox probably trying to counter attack all of it.

Shawn Zipay
04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I dont know what to think. Nintendo yesterday reported some good earnings besides the fact that the Wii U has very few titles.

I personally feel Nintendo has nothing to show or say at E3. They are a dried up husk.

The Wii U is a bust by many accounts. Nintendo should pull a Sega and just get into the software making business after the momentum continues to slow from their handheld hardware sales.

Even their Nintendo Direct event focused mainly on virtual console releases of games from yesteryear. That shouldn't be a highlight, that should be a footnote.

K-16
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
(Sweet the site's back. Thanks for keeping us posted on Twitter, and yes the site did come back soonish so that's nice to see.)

I will be surprised and concerned if their Nintendo Direct presentations covered everything they wanted to say for 2013, with any remaining news saved for Tokyo Game Show. At least we still have 4 other presentations to watch (Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, and EA).