PDA

View Full Version : the lighthouse in valparaiso...

Minmaster
08-04-2010, 03:43 AM
wouldn't it be awesome if the lighthouse was destructible?
at least put holes in it if you hit it with rockets.
it could've been the perfect showcase for destruction...
imagine killing like 10 snipers via destruction 2.0. :laugh:

Mavrik347
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
That would be kind of cool.

jimykx
08-04-2010, 10:26 AM
wouldn't it be awesome if the lighthouse was destructible?
at least put holes in it if you hit it with rockets.
it could've been the perfect showcase for destruction...
imagine killing like 10 snipers via destruction 2.0. :laugh:

its scripted destruction! so is very hard to script holes all over the huge lighthouse, and how would it fall if u destroy it? really hard animation to do!

CptainCrunch
08-04-2010, 11:54 AM
That would be awesome. It could fall back into the water and everyone inside drowned :D

Crunch

Amaranthuse
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Epic lag!

Well I would at least see some damage on that lighthouse, doesn't have to collapse completely.

[Expletive Deleted]
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Epic lag!

Well I would at least see some damage on that lighthouse, doesn't have to collapse completely.

Yeah, that ollie-ollie-oxen free crap with snipers just backing up a foot and being invincible due to diamond-hard walls...

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

MrChris_CJ
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
it would probably lag loads but I would love to see at least some parts of it be destructible and collapse

Minmaster
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
i just want to see a 10 sniper multikill via destruction 2.0.

=MNKY=Frosty
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
;2765247']Yeah, that ollie-ollie-oxen free crap with snipers just backing up a foot and being invincible due to diamond-hard walls...

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9u-MaNNDnU

signa
08-04-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

jimykx
08-05-2010, 06:57 AM
hahahahahahhaha it wouldnt do anything cause theres no destruction scripted to it.

bradino27
08-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Just pause the game and force everyone to watch a cut scene of the lighthouse falling over lol.

My two ways for killing campers in the lighthouse:
1. Go in myself (with some tubes if necessary) through the back door.

or

2. Get in the 2nd seat of the APC and just fire a stream of bullets into the window until it hits an unlucky sniper head.

I barely ever try to just sniper vs. sniper. I'm a good sniper but I just have a hard time hitting people in those windows for some reason.

Amaranthuse
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Land a chopper on the roof and work your way down.

They usually expect enemies from below.

Minmaster
08-10-2010, 01:15 PM
to be clear, i don't have an issue with the snipers, i've done my fair share of sniping from in there but it just seems odd that the lighthouse is some unbreakable fortress when we got destruction engine.

jimykx
08-10-2010, 07:04 PM
to be clear, i don't have an issue with the snipers, i've done my fair share of sniping from in there but it just seems odd that the lighthouse is some unbreakable fortress when we got destruction engine.

Well, The engine was made for destruction but scripted destruction... look at moh, it's still a nice looking game with frostbite and it has no destruction...
THe houses in BC2 look all the same and pretty undecorated and unpersonalisated. Those walls were you can make huge holes ( the thing they call "microdestruction") in some positions if u really look at them you can see were they are going to broke when you shoot cause u see a little graphic issue.
A real destruction engine (wich goes for physics in destruction) like redfaction guerrila seems different

-Shifty-
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
If you're going to talk about physics, talk about Crysis!

I don't have any problems from the snipers in there. I generally go into the lighthouse as an engineer and take them down with my UMP. Then I fire RPGs or AT4s from the highest window into the objectives.

I like Valparaiso so much because you can destroy almost every set of M-Coms with missiles. On the first pair I use an AT4, takes 8 shots each I think. Then I move onto the next uphill pair via the lighthouse. Then from the lighthouse I get on the TOW and take down B, then destroy the trees so I can hit A. The uphill fight is really hard though, I generally take a UAV with quick reload and go hide above in the trees where nobody sees me. Then the last pair is easy if you have a guided AT4 again.

ponton
08-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Hmm, for me CG works very well to take down snipers. Just aim at window, shoot and it's 90% hit

jimykx
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Crysis has no destruction physics.
The only real destruction physics it has is on trees but the houses are just physic objects putted up on each other that when you hit them they go into physics

ThIrD-EyE
08-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Crysis has no destruction physics.
The only real destruction physics it has is on trees but the houses are just physic objects putted up on each other that when you hit them they go into physicsUmm... that is how all games do "destruction". Most also have scripted events that happen when an object reacts with the physics engine.

MrChris_CJ
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
wait wut

I think the only distinction that needs to be made is between dynamic physics, which is what Crysis uses and scripted, which is what BC2 uses, albeit very well

there is stuff like terrain deformation but that is different imo

jimykx
08-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Umm... that is how all games do "destruction". Most also have scripted events that happen when an object reacts with the physics engine.

Yes. Basically red faction guerrila are bricks on top of each other that destroy were u hit and go into physics, but you have to say that is the most "real " destruction u got. its allways different and it actually destrys were u hit.

To have real destruction they had to take models to a molecule size.
Like millions and millions of particles interacting breaking realisticly and allways different way.

But that would take ALOTA' CPU