PDA

View Full Version : Map Editor Only Works On XP

FallenMorgan
04-02-2009, 03:00 AM
:(

I just got back into playing BF2 for the first time since 2007 or so. I was looking forward to using the map editor - but, it only installs on XP. I have Vista.

Any way I can get it installed?

[21CW]HIVictim
04-02-2009, 03:11 AM
It works fine, but is very very sensitive to how you install it on Vista. The only program I have ever had a problem with to be honest.

Anyway, uninstall it completely and then right click the installer goto the Compatibility Tab. Set it to Run in Windows XP Mode. Then click apply.

To run the installer right click and select Run as Administrator.

You should be installing now. When all is installed do the same process for the BF2 Editor itself. If you did all of this, then you should be up and running. :thumbsup:

FallenMorgan
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
1FD|WO1.HIVictim;2422236']It works fine, but is very very sensitive to how you install it on Vista. The only program I have ever had a problem with to be honest.

Anyway, uninstall it completely and then right click the installer goto the Compatibility Tab. Set it to Run in Windows XP Mode. Then click apply.

To run the installer right click and select Run as Administrator.

You should be installing now. When all is installed do the same process for the BF2 Editor itself. If you did all of this, then you should be up and running. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

[21CW]HIVictim
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you for your PM alerting me you got it working.

Glad it worked for you. I had a lot of trouble with it myself. A buddy reminded me to try setting compatibility on everything. :thumbsup: