PDA

View Full Version : Colored name (sort of)

Iwantcable
11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
****WARNING****
I am not responsible if you get kicked or banned from a server for using this. If you are asked to remove it by another player or admin, I would suggest doing so.
****WARNING****

I saw a guy with a colored name (see below), and asked him how he got it. Basically what you do is make your clan tag the color code, so it affects the rest of your name. So for example, to get the green name like his:
/clanName ^^22
For some reason you have to do two of each. Kind of half-assed, but I guess it's better than nothing. :laugh:

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=2332

imported_Whiskey
11-10-2008, 02:18 AM
I can't verify this completely, because the player in question was on my team...but I saw a guy get kicked for this yesterday, because he made his name show up in green. The server admin said that it was showing up green to the enemy team while playing in-game as well (ie. not just on the leaderboard), so to them, he appeared to be on their team. They didn't shoot at him, because they thought he was a friendly, but he was able to move more freely through their side of the map and shoot them. The admin warned him, he resisted, and was punted.

Again, I wasn't on the enemy team so I can't verify, but if this is the case, then I'd suggest not using red or green as your colours, or risk being kicked.

Dan2k3k4
11-10-2008, 07:51 AM
The 'green' you talk about Whiskey is the Allied Colour (^8)

^0 = Black
^1 = Red
^2 = green
^3 = yellow
^4 = dark blue
^5 = cyan (light blue)
^6 = purple
^7 = white
^8 = Allied colour
^9 = Axis colour

Depending on the allies are the colour is either like a redish tint, or a greenish tint... I think there's also a brownish tint too...
Axis colour is usually always grey...

Hmm, it seems for CoD:WaW that it's ^8 for Axis colour, and ^9 for Allied colour... (well only tested roundhouse)

Iwantcable
11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I can't verify this completely, because the player in question was on my team...but I saw a guy get kicked for this yesterday, because he made his name show up in green. The server admin said that it was showing up green to the enemy team while playing in-game as well (ie. not just on the leaderboard), so to them, he appeared to be on their team. They didn't shoot at him, because they thought he was a friendly, but he was able to move more freely through their side of the map and shoot them. The admin warned him, he resisted, and was punted.

Again, I wasn't on the enemy team so I can't verify, but if this is the case, then I'd suggest not using red or green as your colours, or risk being kicked.

Heh, kind of funny how much people rely on name tags now to do their dirty work. This guy fooled me the first time, but after that it's not that big of a deal because the characters in CoD5 are very easy to differentiate. Anyway, if he was asked to change it and didn't, then he deserves to be kicked.

=)BiT(= Evant3k
11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I can't tell the soldiers apart anymore, uniforms look alike...

GeneralPatton
11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Whiskey, you are correct. A guy in the server walked around with a green name and the names over their heads come up the color it is. (Seen people with Black, Red, Purple...etc) so this guy killed me, I seen a green name over his head and I was like "WTF?!"

Looked on my team, he wasn't there, looked at the other team, and there he was with a green name (Just like the screenshot)

The_Eliminator
11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I can't tell the soldiers apart anymore, uniforms look alike...

Totally agree.

CptainCrunch
11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Please. They dont look alike any more alike than in CoD4. Germans are Grey. Russians and Japanese are Brown, US is Green. Unless they make maps where the russians are fighting the japanese, you should be able to tell them apart.

Ive played on some TK enabled servers and the only time I had some problems was when I was trying to bolt someone from across the map with no scope. It was a dot to begin with and I was guessing. My own fault.

Crunch

imported_Whiskey
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I find it often hard to tell friend from foe in the darkness of Makin. Sometimes the damn name-tag doesn't show up right away (or at all) and I've either shot, or come close to shooting team-mates.

I wish they would completely do away with enemy name-tags showing up at all, and instead make the friendly ones less buggy. I know there are people out there who just sweep their crosshair/sight around to see if the red enemy names pop up in the grass or other kinds of cover, and then shoot, even if they can't actually see the enemy themselves. Again, this is especially evident on Makin in the darkness with so much grass as cover. :|:

Iwantcable
11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I find it often hard to tell friend from foe in the darkness of Makin. Sometimes the damn name-tag doesn't show up right away (or at all) and I've either shot, or come close to shooting team-mates.

I wish they would completely do away with enemy name-tags showing up at all, and instead make the friendly ones less buggy. I know there are people out there who just sweep their crosshair/sight around to see if the red enemy names pop up in the grass or other kinds of cover, and then shoot, even if they can't actually see the enemy themselves. Again, this is especially evident on Makin in the darkness with so much grass as cover. :|:

I agree. It's kind of cheap IMO when I don't really see an enemy but there's a huge red nametag over his head that follows him for ~3 seconds - even behind walls.

I've added a disclaimer to my OP.