PDA

View Full Version : COD$ Rank files

Wispa
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Im wanting to do a clean intstall of Windowns on my PC, but, i'd really like to not loose my rank (again) for COD4. Is it possable, and if so which files, to back up your profile and slip it back in after a reinstall?

Thanks for any help

Soap :salute:

[7F]H|Jgr.Fiver
01-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Found this m8,seems to work.

HOW TO BACK UP YOUR COD4 PROFILE

XP Option 1 (Recommended)
Just copy and paste the following text into notepad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off
:: variables
set drive=C:\Program Files\Activision\Backup
set backupcmd=xcopy /E /I /Y /D
echo ### Backing up COD4 Stats and profiles...
%backupcmd% "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles" "%drive%\%folder%"
echo Backup Complete!
@pause
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save it as (cod4backup.bat) or what ever you want to name it, but it needs (.bat) for extension, put the file anywhere you want, create a shortcut on your desktop. When you double click on it (option 1), it will copy all the existing profiles from COD4 to C:\Program Files\Activision\Backup directory! The first time you use the script it will copy your complete profile and rank, you will see lots of files flashing by. Then the backup is incremental, meaning that it will only copy the files that as change since the last backup. Typically only 2 files will be copied after the initial backup (mpdata, config_mp). Make sure your stats are ok before you run the script! Because every time you backup you overwrite all files in the backup folder, that is why you should only run this script after you are finish playing and you know your data is sound.

==============================================

XP Option 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off
set drive=C:\Program Files\Activision\Backup
set folder=%date:~9,4%_%date:~3,2%_%date:~6,2%
set backupcmd=xcopy /E /I /Y
%backupcmd% "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles" "%drive%\%folder%"
echo Backup Complete!
@pause
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save it as (cod4backup.bat) or what ever you want to name it, but it needs (.bat) for extension, put the file anywhere you want, create a shortcut on your desktop. When you double click on it (option 2), this script will backup your COD4 stats & profile in a directory named by the current date, located C:\Program Files\Activision\Backup directory. If you use (option 2), Don't forget to cleanup your backup folder once in awhile, cause every time you backup you create a folder for the current date. Get rid of the old backups, this script was requested by PSY for the reasons mentioned below.

Quote:
Nice work. Is there any way you can make the back up folder be automatically renamed with the date? I've made a backup of my profile folder every day and named them accordingly just in case I ever want to go back to rank 10, or 30 or whatever, but this batch file would be an easier idea. Only thing is I wouldn't want it to overwrite every time it was backed up.

===============================================

Vista users

You will need to make some modification to the script for it to work...change the PC in {bold} to your PC! Your backup folder will be located in C:\COD4_Backup.

Vista Option 1(Recommended)

@echo off
set drive=C:\COD4_Backup
set backupcmd=xcopy /E /I /Y /D
%backupcmd% "C:\Users\{PC}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles" "%drive%\%folder%"
echo Backup Complete!
@pause

Vista Option 2

@echo off
set drive=C:\COD4_Backup
set folder=%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%
set backupcmd=xcopy /E /I /Y
%backupcmd% "C:\Users\{PC}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles" "%drive%\%folder%"
echo Backup Complete!
@pause
See the instruction above to run.

===============================================
How-to restore your profile..

Warning : The stats and product key are linked together, you can't restore a backup that was created with an different product key!

This is what you do...
1- install the game if needed (using the same product key).
2- enter the game, create a profile with the exact name you want to restore.
3- Exit the game
4- copy the profile in question from your backup folder back in to the game folder, overwriting all files.
5- start COD4, it will say that your setting as change since last used, do you want to ......bla bla bla, awnser NO.

Enjoy, your done!

Hope it help's Wink

[USAC]S|Cpl.TinFoil
01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
The batch files just copy-paste the profile folder, nothing special. Wink is smart though, it's less complicated than telling people what to do every time. :P

Wispa
01-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Chears! :salute:

[202K]7|Jgr.CyberJim[xi]
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
lol Fiver! I love your sig

Oldbury
01-06-2008, 03:00 PM
TBH Fiver I read that a while back over at the Charlie Oscar Delta site and found it a little inaccurate, as it wouldn't work for me, may have been me but I don't think it was.

Anyway I use the auto backup program, one click and it's done, saves me manually copying and pasting....link below :

http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Duty+4+Backup+092/;9106524;/fileinfo.html

GeneralPatton
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
All I did to backup my Profile (Which has worked 3 times now since I have formatted 3 times since game release) is just copy your profile folder (Example: "Patton") .. put it on a Flashdrive or CD and then with a fresh install, just paste the folder back into your game profiles.

Not hard :) You don't need to do all that .bat crap

Evo
01-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Exacly what patton said so much easier and a lot less stress full just remember to update your flashdrive when reformitting again