PDA

View Full Version : Huge Delay Freezing/Lagg Issue

dubrider
02-18-2008, 12:45 AM
What do I have to do in order to get this rid of this delay? It's makin me mad. I play fine right now but have a HUGE problem with Delay. My problem isn't lag anymore, it delays and freezes. As im tryin to snipe on someone and get a target to shoot em, I freeze up and die like 2-3 mins later. How many problems does this game have too have in order to play with "Vista?"

this is getting annoying.

Melon_Hunter
02-18-2008, 03:22 AM
first of all, do you have 2gb or more of ram? if not then 2gb would be good. anythung uder it stutters and jerks. or reinstall bf2 and see what happens

Scourge00
02-18-2008, 03:42 AM
I know a friend of mine who had vista home and i had vista ultimate, and i discovered that i would get alot more locking up in-game than my friend,

we ran the same graphical settings and eventually i decided that, since ulitmate requires more processing and memory power, such as home isnt as much, that running it on ultimate can cause this...

then again i cant be certain

but if u want ur games to run smooth, then it is wise to revert back to XP...
thats jsut my opnion

dubrider
02-18-2008, 06:14 AM
first of all, do you have 2gb or more of ram? if not then 2gb would be good. anythung uder it stutters and jerks. or reinstall bf2 and see what happens

I know a friend of mine who had vista home and i had vista ultimate, and i discovered that i would get alot more locking up in-game than my friend,

we ran the same graphical settings and eventually i decided that, since ulitmate requires more processing and memory power, such as home isnt as much, that running it on ultimate can cause this...

then again i cant be certain

but if u want ur games to run smooth, then it is wise to revert back to XP...
thats jsut my opnion

I don't have 2 gigs of ram. if i did, would that make it better with the graph card i already have? it runs smooth. gotta Nvidia Geforce6150LE and do updates on it everytime, did some diagnostics and i mostly passed on everything. If I go back to XP, will that have my same specs or do i have to buy it again and re-install it? computer networking with games is driving me nuts. lol.

:salute:

Melon_Hunter
02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
before you went to vista did you have any problems on xp with the same setup you have for vista right now? when i had 1gb of ram it stuttered like crazy, went to 2gb and it loaded the map and ran a whole lot smoother and stopped that music loop after you press the quit button. 3gb of ram never made a difference. im runnin 3gb now. ummm man u definately need a newer graphics card. on a budget? look at the 8600gt or even better 8600gts.

Scourge00
02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
rite now im running xp again and i only have 1gb ram and it works fine for me and i have everything maxed out

dubrider
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
What is MOSTLY RECOMMENDED???

Graphic Card or 1 GB of RAM?????

I uni-stalled the dumb game cause of this stupid issue that ive been having ever since i bought this computer. I bought a brand new comp a yr ago and havent even used it. I barely used it with gaming and now all i get is CONSTANT LAG, DELAY ISSUES and even, PUNKBUSTER ISSUES.

EA!!!
you need a huge fix!

Scourge00
02-19-2008, 01:00 AM
first of all, yur rite EA need to HUGE fix, nto only that, they need evenbalance to update punkbuster to not have so many issues, but if i were, if u alrdy have 1 gb ram just get the gfx card, if not get the ram

imported_Erol
02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
1GB Ram is pretty cheap, get that, and get the really awesome 8600 gts or 8600gt, Won't cost you much and you'll love the differance it makes not just for gaming but for everything you do :)

dubrider
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
1GB Ram is pretty cheap, get that, and get the really awesome 8600 gts or 8600gt, Won't cost you much and you'll love the differance it makes not just for gaming but for everything you do :)

What kind of ram do I go for? Kingston, PNY, K-Byte, Sandisk???
I'm actually on a budget for a graph card. it's one or the other...

Alex6714
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
With vista more RAM! I take it you have applied the run as administrator stuff, updated punkbuster etc...?

There are also some vista hotfixes for 3D applications in vista you might need if you donīt have them.

I am running vista 64bit and BF2 is fine, I did upgrade to 4GB of RAM though. RAM upgrade is highly recommended!

UKseagull
02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Get the extra ram, the game will run smoother and it should load quicker too.

dubrider
02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
LOL OWNED :)