PDA

View Full Version : I think it might be old news

simon1973
02-14-2008, 06:08 AM
This may have been talked about before? If so then I will ask the admin to lock it down. I think I have some news about the new BF game

The first details on Battlefield 3, the third "proper" instalment in EA's multiplayer big battle series, seem to have leaked onto the net via a fan site.

The details are based around a "leaked" PDF file supposedly intended for EA investors, which indicates that the next game will be officially announced in January 2008 for a release later that year.

According to the document, the third game returns to the near-future setting of Battlefield 2 and runs on a modified Bad Company engine, called Frostbite DX - the 'DX' supposedly referring to DirectX 10.

Eight maps and support for up to 40-players per team (40v40!) is touted, along with five familiar classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support. There's even talk of an MMO-style "soldier" system which lets you create and customise your own avatar.

A beta test is listed for next Summer, though EA's still sitting firmly on the "no comment" bandwagon.

As its seems that EA has no comment and the news was from another fan site can we take this at face value? Seems to me a lot of hope that a new BF game might be in the making or is it just wishful thinking of the fans and those who have shown support to the game even through the bad times. Sounds as they might keep the same units but make it like Call of duty 4 lets hope they do away with some of the features we have all been asking for like bunny hoppers and making the jets equal. As far as I am concern I do like the maps apart from the carrier when you end up going for a swim when a jet comes in and the TK for jets and the like may be they should do something like a invisible box around the jet so once in you can not be TK by some idiot. Moan over!

=98=
02-14-2008, 06:15 AM
EA doesn't want to confirm anything until it's getting towards the point where they have confirmed the in game content. If they announced it as early as they did with BF2, they would probably be flamed for making changes.

You probably remember the fiasco by fans over the removed content. I think they learnt from this and won't make the same mistake.

But, they have effectively confirmed it when they stated that BF:H was not Battlefield 3. So, we know it's coming, it's just a matter of when.

Also, Battlefield 2 is still a hugely played game and racking up sales, so, they are under no pressure to get it out.

Give them time, and hopefully they can make a game that's just as good, if not better than BF2 with less bugs. That is the most important part.

simon1973
02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks for letting me know I learnt something new. Good comments by the way I agree with what you have stated. Thanks once again :yay:

Metal Knight
02-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Alex;1856393']with less bugs.

possibly the best and most important thing anyone could suggest to EA

Corkum
02-14-2008, 09:49 AM
^^agreed

DOGGiE52
02-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I like the way you've summed all of it up in your post, very informative, but yup it's old news.

Shask
02-14-2008, 07:59 PM
The main BF3 site at the moment is definitely this (http://www.enterbf3.com), we've managed to gather a decent compilation of all things BF3-related.