PDA

View Full Version : Moving bullet direction

dudbomb
02-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I've been wondering about this for along time, is it possible to move the start direction of a bullet in game?

EG, the SVD scope, we all love it but not alot of us use it due to the fact the Bullet starts a few pixels to the left and a few pixel up from the main arrow, which causes inaccuracy and annoyance at medium to long ranges.

I want to move that innacurate bullet, and move it to the 'tip' of the arrow, so it will be a good accurate hit.

So tell me if that can be done or not? because i was going to do it to every weapon to make each one, more reliable and accurate for my mod.

camper.
02-09-2008, 08:14 AM
No, because it depends on resolution. At one certain resolution, everything is perfectly lined up, but at others it becomes more and more disoriented.

dudbomb
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
well could you tell me the "perfect" Res that i can use so the svd is dead on? same for the other rifles.

-=4th=-1/2Hawk
02-09-2008, 11:38 PM
You can change the position of the generic firearm to do this, but it will take quite a bit of adjusting and testing to get right. If you know exactly how far off the crosshair is in pixels, then why not go change the crosshair to line up with the shot? You'll probably find it in one of the two MemeAtlas files (/mods/bf2/Menu/Atlas).

Wizrdwarts
02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I think the BF2 engine only supports bullets coming from the center of the screen straight ahead, only exception is the cone of fire. So you would have to move the "^" itself instead of the bullet direction. I think the MP7 has sights that "drift" 4 pixels up and down, but it still aims in the middle of the screen can anyone confirm/deny?