PDA

View Full Version : RDX bunnyhoppers

Drodgeman
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
How do you deal with these idiots? They really piss me off, and they only play on FF off servers. Moreover, I don't understand how these jackasses go around knifing people and then seem to be able to switch to RDX, drop, arm, and detonate withing a split second. I realize they have a hot key set up for RDX, but there seems to be something more. How are they abe to swtich and use this weapon so quickly? By the time I've swiched from pistol to my VOSS, I'm toast. And when I arm RDX, there is all this lengthy animation, i.e. drop the explosives, yawn..pull out the detonator, more yawn.... Again, these bunnyhoppers seem to be able to do this instantly. I want to know their secret.

Drodgeman.

iQue
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Moreover, I don't understand how these jackasses go around knifing people and then seem to be able to switch to RDX, drop, arm, and detonate withing a split second. I realize they have a hot key set up for RDX, but there seems to be something more. How are they abe to swtich and use this weapon so quickly?

Macros and scripts. If you have a gaming mouse/keyboard you can sometimes program it to make one key equal to pressing many keys at once. For example: you press a key and windows recognize it as pressing 1 + left click (so you can insta-knife) and so on... There is a certain delay with laying the RDX but you can do it extremely fast if you program the right timing.

My best advise would be not to play on FF=OFF servers ;) It's kinda hard to counter these people but my best advise would be to play on well-admined servers if you absolutely must play on FF=OFF servers.

Fingulfin
02-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Macros and scripts. If you have a gaming mouse/keyboard you can sometimes program it to make one key equal to pressing many keys at once. For example: you press a key and windows recognize it as pressing 1 + left click (so you can insta-knife) and so on... There is a certain delay with laying the RDX but you can do it extremely fast if you program the right timing.
WRONG!
Here is the formula:
Left Click + Space Bar + Right-Left Click. As long as you throw, jump and then Right Click Left Click really fast, you can detonate it in less than one second. I use no Macros, and I can still RDX Hop REALLY easily.

EDIT: Not that I use RDX Bunny hopping, less than 3% of my kills are from demo packs ;)

Skates
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM
My best advise would be not to play on FF=OFF servers ;)

Exactly.

Lolyn
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Fingulfin nailed it on the head, the only people who claim that macros are used are those who don't know how EASY it is to do. If you jump throw and prone the other direction, you can get some massive throw distance too, as well as the perfect timing. But it's left click (to throw), space (to jump) then right left, not left right. A good way to get it right is to wait for the "beep" of the rdx after it's been thrown, that's generally the right time.

But yeah, as said, if you don't like it, don't play on the FF-off servers because you'll have difficulty getting away from it.

IF you MUST try though, pull out a shotgun. An RDX bunnies are particularly prone to getting nailed by sentry guns for some reason too.

Fingulfin
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Oops, forgot that its right left, thanks for pointing that out :p Edited my post.

Killerus
02-07-2008, 02:40 PM
FF=ON always

imported_Field
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I've just learned that against "skilled" RDX bunnyhoppers if your close enough where they can toss a det pack at you the best thing to do is sprint away from them. just keep your distance from them and they are pretty useless, but then, yes, sometimes its hard to avoid.

Oh man something funny from yesterday i was playing PAC commander on this 24 person Gib server and i was totally taking advantage of the assets giving myself supply boxes and UAVs and such (i didnt see the problem, nobody tried to mutiny and there was no commander from the start) this recon guy on my team blew me up with rdx when i was on the commander screen:shakehead so i respawned as recon with a park and i shot him in the back of the head from 10ft away, grabbed his kit and when some guy went to revive him i waited for the medic to move away and then blew him up with rdx when he started to move :laugh:and then i stood close to him and was like: "negashnet...niet" LOL

iQue
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Well you can use macros. I found a website describing how to do it and it's always easier to press one button than left-click right-click left-click. Although most of the time there's no macro, you're right about that. Most of the time you think it goes really fast due to lag.

l33tfodder
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Thatī's how I got the ueber RDX bunny hopper KAIN's tags. After being RDX'ed several times, I held back, waited until he blasted 3-4 other people and then ran up to him and knifed him, having no more left to kill me.

Sometimes when I use the shotty you can see the RDX pack flying in the air and the bunny hopper dead on the floor, so fast kills the shotty.

Fingulfin
02-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I got a past Supreme Commander like that... He had blown my squad to hell and realized he was out of RDX. Looking rather confused, he just stood there like a Deer in the headlights while I shanked him :p

ohsosharp
02-07-2008, 11:05 PM
TBH the only reason i don't like them is i cant do it
its a skill learn to adapt.

TrudgiN
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Quick answer

run or shoot em

[55RA]D|Rec.donerkebab123
02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
i RELISH in dropping RDX and jimmy jamming my way out of there getting some quick frags. So my best advice would be, is to keep your distance. I personally noticed people will just sprint after you not looking anywhere in hope to get you. Or you could just work your way around and find the guy hiding around somewhere, because they likey take damage using this method.

m3talc0re
02-08-2008, 05:28 PM
To be honest, it's not a skill, so don't grant anyone doing it any favors by saying it's a skill. Taking that route, you're saying ramming is a skill...

I can do it, it's not hard, and there are macros that make it that much easier, but I wont do it. I love seeing people do it because it makes me want to kill them that much more. I think people who do it regularly just can't aim for s*** anyway, so they need something with a larger spray area than a shotgun, so they bunny hop with RDX.

Skilled RDX usage would be getting killed defending a silo, spawn back at said silo before it was capped, then blow up the tank and apc that just tried to take your silo. That means planting RDX on the APC and tank without them killing you and detonating it... You can only fit 3 on 1 and 2 on the other, but if they're close enough, it'll kill 'em both :P

Diamond621
02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
The best way to avoid this problem is to play in FF on servers at all times. The quality of the crowd you run into is far superior, and the games are frequently much more exciting.

If you insist, however, distance is the primary defence against RDX monkeys. Don't put yourself in a situation where they can utilise that tactic and you'll be just fine. Remarkable how three or four rounds from 50+ meters renders them both useless and dead.

Don't try to fight them in close quarters, and then whine when you are blown to pieces.

Stop playing directly into their hand by trying to rush them - be patient, keep your distance, and be precise with your shots. I'm always amazed that people actually have difficulty with this sort of thing.

m3talc0re
02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
The best way to avoid this problem is to play in FF on servers at all times. The quality of the crowd you run into is far superior, and the games are frequently much more exciting.

If you insist, however, distance is the primary defence against RDX monkeys. Don't put yourself in a situation where they can utilise that tactic and you'll be just fine. Remarkable how three or four rounds from 50+ meters renders them both useless and dead.

Don't try to fight them in close quarters, and then whine when you are blown to pieces.

Stop playing directly into their hand by trying to rush them - be patient, keep your distance, and be precise with your shots. I'm always amazed that people actually have difficulty with this sort of thing.
Exactly. They aren't hard to deal with at all, just annoying as hell when they catch you when you're looking elsewhere (mainly on the titan).

golfisfun
02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I got a past Supreme Commander like that... He had blown my squad to hell and realized he was out of RDX. Looking rather confused, he just stood there like a Deer in the headlights while I shanked him :p

haha that kicks ***

Fizzler
02-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Go recon.. place you apm's in front of you (typical in corners on the titan deck) or go support cover you position with the sentrygun and have you clark15 rdy.. It's such a thrill to blow em jumpers up mid air :salute:

The 13th Raptor
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
RDX hoppers love congested area's, the crane area on camp gib near that beached pac barge for example.

They can only get there by two routes, put apm's facing the allied flag to the right of the tower, and put a rdx present at the base of the stairs of before mentioned crane at the left and blow them the **** up using their own weapons.

Soon they'll succumb to rage-revenge-itis and will find their rdx lacking in range... mission accomplished. If they go back to their old ways, keep farming them. :P